Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

The angle of elevation of the top of a tower 30 m high, from two points on the level ground on its opposite sides are 45 degrees and 60 degrees. What is the distance between the two points?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Let OT be te tower.

Therefore, Height of tower = OT = 30 m

Let A and B be the two points on the level ground on the opposite side of tower OT.

angle of elevation from A = Trigonometric RatiosTAO = 45o

and angle of elevation from B = Trigonometric RatiosTBO = 60o

Distance between AB = AO + OB = x + y (say)

Now, in right triangle ATO,

tan 45o = OT/AO =30/x         

=> x =  30/tan
45o  = 30 m

and in right traingle BTO

tan 60o =  OT/OB =30/y         

=> y = Trigonometric identities = 17.32 m

Hence, the required distance = x + y = 30 + 17.32 = 47.32 m

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

Please provide me the solution of this question. Question no. 5(in the image)
write sin(90+30-A)=cos(30-A) sin(90+30+A)=cos(30+A) the sum reduces to cos^2(30+A)+cos^2(30-A)+sin^2(A) expand it and put cos30 and sin30 values it simplifies to 3/2(cos^2+sin^2)=3/2
Sandeep Tegala 2 months ago
Please clear my confusion about find value of tan7.5 °.
Yaa... tan15°=2tan7.5°∕1-tan²7.5° ⇒2-√3=2tan7.5°/1-tan²7.5° . By solving this eq i got value of tan7.5°= (√2-1)(2+√3) . But Ans is (√3-√2)(√2-1). How?
ANKIT ANAND one month ago
What`s your confusion with tan7.5° .Kindly elaborate that where you have stuck?.If you will elaborate then I can help you better.
Sagar Gupta one month ago
@ ankit u have to apply the following formula sin ( a/2 ) = [(1-cosa)/2] ^ ½ cos a/2 = [(1+cosa)/2] ^ ½ tan 2a = [2 tan a ] / [1+tan square (a) ] answer is = root6-root3 +(root 2 ) -2 HOPE...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is version in trigonometry? Explain it with an example.
trigonometry originated grom Greece, tri resembles here three gon means angles and metry measn the measurement. Measurement of three angles which is particluarly the angles of triangle...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The vector equation of plane through a,b and parallel to the line r=c+td where t is a scalar
Bhai, HashLearn is providing unlimited doubt clearing with IIT tutors for a month at Rs. 199. You should try them. Better than waiting here for a response
Ankit 15 days ago
What’s the Geometrical interpretation of integrals? And what’s the physical significance of C?
Geometrical interpretation of indefinite integral Let f (x) = 2x. Then ∫ f (x) dx = x 2 + C. For different values of C, we get different integrals. But these integrals are very similar...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
one unit along y-axis in the negative direction. Thus, for each positive value of C, each parabola of the family has its vertex on the positive side of the y-axis and for negative values of ...
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
Sir, this is my doubt please clarify, Let f:R->R be a function given by f(x+y) = f(x)+f(y) for all x,y belongs to R such that F91)=a, f(x)= Sir, Kindly give me the solution
Lim h->0 [ f(x+h) - f(x) ] / h = f`(x) Lim h->0 [ f(x) + f(h) - f(x) ] / h = f`(x) As f(x+y) = f(x) + f(y) Lim h->0 f(h) / h = f`(x) Transforming into differential eq. y/x = dy/dx (variable...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn