Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

1.Prove that for real x, tan(x+a)/tan(x-a) when x≠∏/4, 3∏/4 cannot lie between (1-sin2a)/(1+sin2a) and (1+sin2a)/(1-sin2a)

2.Find the set of possible values of tan(x+∏/6)/tanx  where x is any real angle.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear manoj

y = tan(x+a) /tan(x-a)

= sin(x+a)cos(x-a) / cos(x+a) sin(x-a)

=[sin2x + sin2a]/[sin2x -sin2a]

use componendo and divedendo

(y+1)/(y-1) = sin2x /sin2a

sin2x = (y+1)sin2a /(y-1)

for every real value of x

-1≤  sin2x ≤1

so  -1≤  (y+1)sin2a /(y-1) ≤1

simplyfy each side of inequality

(1-sin2a)/(1+sin2a)  ≤  y  ≤   (1-sin2a)/(1+sin2a)

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help

discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

sinA+sinB=a & cosA+cosB=b Prove that- sin(A+B)=(2ab)/(a²+b²)
Apply sinc + sind and cosc + cosd forulae: and divide them u would get the relation of tan in terms of a and b. And then after find sin(A+B) taking lhs and prove it for RHS.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is trigonometric function period? Explain it with an example.
Already explained. Check your previous question. Here Period is associated with Time Period. ANd all trignometrc functions have generally period of 2pi.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I can`t solve it i tried 1000 times i think i need help so please solve it quickly
I solved similar problem for another user, refer to link below
Ajay 2 months ago
Sorry, But your question is blurred in the attachment. Plz write it on discusion forum by typing if u can do this.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Two vectors A &B lie in a plane , another vector C lies outside this plane then the resultant of these three vetors i.e., A+B+C?
The resaultant can never be equal to zero .because two planar vectors can add up,but the third one has none to counter balance,to make it canceled .so it can never be zero if A,B,C non zero ...
Piyush Behera 7 days ago
In class 12, just few months left.. So just brushing up few topics. Need help with this complex number sum. Thank you.
Hello, I understand the situation. But unfortunately Your question in the attachement is blurred. It’s not clearly visible. So pls repost it this time try to type the question by yourself...
Vikas TU 24 days ago
unit vocter defination i don’t andastand pleace tell the unit vocter
Dear Sreekanth Indla, The vector which has the unit magnitude then it is called as unit vector.It plays very important roll in vectors.If you like this please approve it.Thank you.
SAI SARDAR 7 months ago
It is a vector of unit magnitude and points in a particular direction Unit vector has no units and dimension It is used to specify a direction only.
ADARSH REDDY 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn