Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 150 off

If xcosa+ ysina=xcosb+ysinb=2p, then find the value of cosa.cosb in terms of x, y and p

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
xcos(a) + ysin(a) = 2p
xcos(b) + ysin(b) = 2p
xcos(a) + ysin(a) = xcos(b) + ysin(b)
\Rightarrow b = a + 2n\pi
xcos(a) + ysin(a) = xcos(a+2n\pi ) + ysin(a+2n\pi )
xcos(a) + ysin(a) = xcos(a ) + ysin(a )
L = cos(a).cos(b)
L = cos(a).cos(a+2n\pi )
L = cos(a).cos(a) = cos^{2}(a)
xcos(a) + ysin(a) = 2p
x^{2}cos^{2}(a) + y^{2}sin^{2}(a) + 2xycos(a)sin(a) = 4p^{2}
x^{2}cos^{2}(a) + y^{2}(1-cos^{2}(a)) + 2xycos(a)sin(a) = 4p^{2}
x^{2}cos^{2}(a) - y^{2}cos^{2}(a)) + 2xycos(a)sin(a) = 4p^{2}-y^{2}
(x^{2} - y^{2})cos^{2}(a) + 2xycos(a)sin(a) = 4p^{2}-y^{2}
Find the value of cos2a from this exp.
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Trigonometry

acos (theta) +b sin (theta)= c. Prove that asin (theta)+ b cos (theta)=+-(a^2+b^2+c^2)^(1/2)
Actually I think that the question is wrongly typed.It should probably go this way I think:acos⁡θ+bsin⁡θ=c, prove that a sin⁡θ-b cos⁡θ=±(a^2+b^2-c^2 )^(1/2)If this is the desired question,...
Aman one month ago
if 1+sin a =9 cos a then 5(1-cos a) if 1+sin a =9 cos a & 0
Dear Student, Please write your question clearly. Its not clearly formatted. Thanks, Vijay
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Dear Yathisth, as this question is uncleared i have answered this question. check again, 1+sin a=9 cos a Divide by cosa both sides, we get seca + tana = 9 seca = 9 – tana squaring both...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
proove that {cot^a(secA-1)}/1+sinA = sec^2A pls help me solve this problem and thak you
I hope you want to prove follwing identity. If yes then this not correct question as this can be never be true . For example put A = 45, LHS and RHS are not equal.
Ajay 3 months ago
Hi Gaurang the question still does not seem to be correct. Can you post the screenshot of question attachment
Ajay 3 months ago
Yes ajay sir I didnt type it correct so it was amistke please help in soving this one and thankyou very much
Gaurang Kotasthane 3 months ago
The orthocentre of a triangle formed by the pair of x+y+1=0lines 2(x^2)-xy-(y^y)+x+2y-1=0.
Differentiate the eqn. 2(x^2)-xy-(y^y)+x+2y-1=0. once w.r.t x and y separetly and get the relation in x and y eqns. then u have three eqns. for a triangle. apply the orthocentre formulae.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The area of loop of the curve ay^2=x^2(a-x) is 15a^2/p,then p=?
Hii try to divide it along any line passing through centre and then do the double integration of figure with respect to x and y . You will get answer in this case by this method
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
Consider to curves ax 2 + 4xy + 2y 2 + x + y + 5 =0 and ax 2 + 6xy + 5y 2 + 2x + 3y + 8 = 0 . These two curves intersect at 4 concyclic points . Find ‘a’
Apply Faamily of circles concept here. that is : S1 + kS2 = 0 and then for the concylic concept it must be a circle. therfore coeff. of xy should be zero and coeff. of x^2 and coeff. of y^2 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn