Sir I am interested only in CSE. I am getting CSE at all NIT’s. The ones that seem to interest me are Warangal, Surathkal and Allahabad. Now here’s the catch. I belong from North India (Delhi). Really looking at the brand, distance is not really an issue for me. I wish to pursue higher studies rather than go for placements. (MS). Now according to last year’s rankings I am supposedly supposed to go in the order of Warangal Surathkal Allahabad But my main concern is after reading a lot of reviews is that the coding culture is much better at allahabad than in Surathkal and Warangal. Looking at the fact that i will be going for a masters, should i take into account. If you could give me the order which i should choose please do suggest it to me (1. X, 2. Y, 3. Z). Thank You

Sir I am interested only in CSE.  I am getting CSE at all NIT’s.  The ones that seem to interest me are Warangal, Surathkal and Allahabad.  Now here’s the catch.  I belong from   North India (Delhi).  Really looking at the brand, distance is not really an issue for me.  I wish to pursue higher studies rather than go for placements.  (MS).  Now according to last year’s rankings I am supposedly supposed to go in the order of 

1. Warangal
  2. Surathkal
  3. Allahabad

But my main concern is after reading a lot of reviews is that the coding culture is much better at allahabad than in Surathkal and Warangal.  Looking at the fact that i will be going for a masters, should i take into account.  If you could give me the order which i should choose please do suggest it to  me (1. X, 2. Y, 3. Z).  

Thank You

Grade:12

3 Answers

Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
You should go with the follwoing choices :
1. Warangal
2. Surathkal
3. IIIT Allahabad.

Since you plan for higher studies , the college brand value will incur that strength in your profile.
Parth Goswami
18 Points
8 years ago
Is there really a major difference between NIT Surathkal and NIT Allahabad.  In terms of CSE i have read Allahabad has better coding culture.   
Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
I thought you asked for IIIT Allahabad. NIT Suratkal is way better than NIT Allahabad. It might be said in some article dedicated to NIT Allahabad for coding.

But I know for sure that CS at NIT Warangal or NIT Suratkal would be way better than NIT Allahabad.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free