I have an interest to pursue Aerospace Engineering .. Is IIST good ?? How can I enter into it ?? Can u elaborate on ISAT exam ??

I have an interest to pursue Aerospace Engineering .. Is IIST good ?? How can I enter into it ?? Can u elaborate on ISAT exam ??

Grade:12

2 Answers

Amit Shekhar IIT Kharagpur
askIITians Faculty 25 Points
9 years ago
You enter into IIST through JEE mains and JEE advanced exam.

Aerospace is good in IIT kanpur and Kharagpur

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago
IIST is one of the very renowned colleges in world as far as Aerospace Engineering is concerned.They have very good tie ups with various International colleges and organisation in this field.
For you to enter into IIST you need to clear ISAT.
Here are the eligibility criteria for you to sit for ISAT
ISAT Eligibility Criteria

Only Indian citizens are eligible

General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates must have born on or after 1 October 1989(for you to appear in 2014)

Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) candidates must have born on or after 1 October 1984(for you to appear in 2014)

Candidates must have passed 10+2 or Equivalent

Candidates must have passed their Qualifying Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum

Candidates of the General OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying examination; and SC/ST/PD candidates are eligible with an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination

General category candidates must score at least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics) in the JEE Main exam

Non Creamy Layer OBC (NCL) candidates must at least score 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of PCM subjects in JEE Main exam

SC, ST & PD candidates must score at least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of PCM in JEE main exam

The ISAT exam is just like the normal but the level of paper is of JEE Main .You need to be quick and fast.The number of questions are more than JEE Main.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free