How good is SASTRA to go with Mechatronics.... and What colleges offer Robotics in Bachelor's Degree....and may i also have the details of the admission into it (I mean the website or entrance exam's name etc.. of the institute)

How good is SASTRA to go with Mechatronics....

and What colleges offer Robotics in Bachelor's Degree....and may i also have the details of the admission into it (I mean the website or entrance exam's name etc.. of the institute)

Grade:12

1 Answers

askiitianexpert charu-iitd
32 Points
13 years ago

Dear Harsh,
hmm... Have you asked some of the questions that one must ask ... before choosing the branch of engineering he wishes to do ..??
If some one asks me.. one desicion in my ife I would like to change..!! I just have one answer... the choice of branch of engineering I did...First of all.. I did a 5 Year Integrated MTech in Mathematics and computing.. because my branch was very good.. I could not get computer science in Delhi..my home town.. but my brother who is an iitian too.. he said.. it comes next to computer science.. and is quite similar to it..
But once I started studying.. I realised.. it was too much of abstract maths... It started to kill my passion for mathematics too...
And then I realised... What my people have forced me into.. but it was possible.. only because I was not sure.. of what I wanted to do... I was a topper in physics and wanted mechanical.. or civil engineering.. but you know.. civil was opted by people who coud not get better branches..!!

This whole story is to tell you... how important is it.. to choose your stream... 
So.. Why Robotics.. ?? Jot down 5 points.. to satisy yourself...
and then answer some of my questions... :
- are you a reasearch kind or a person .. ?? by "research kind of".. I mean... do you like to invent new things.. ?? make an instrument with some purpose.. which isnot solved by already existing machines.. ?? - Would you like to study Computer Hardware.. software... and Artificial intelligence.. ?? some of the toughest course.. amongst.. the whole of Computer Science and Engineering Department.. Basically.. I am not trying to demotivate you.. I want you to consider.. all these things.. before you are sure of.. that you want to study robotics as your career...- Have you searched for what kind of job oprions are available to you after MTEch in Robotics...

answer these questions to your self.. and listen to some of the important things about it now..
Robotics.. is basically a specialization.. not a Btech course... Robotics include.. Computer hardware and Logic and Specialization in artificial intelligence..
And India has very few.. good colleges.. that offer good platform for Robotics.. IIT kanpur being one of the best... Bits Pilani, jadhavpur university, kolkata..
I would suggest you to go for Mechanical egineering or Computer science.. and do a masters in robotics from abroad.. or from IIT Kanpur...

But before selecting a college.. decide.. and do some more research...  and question yourself....

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. 

All the best STUDENT NAME !!!

Regards,
Askiitians ExpertsCharu Nigam

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free