There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Hey , am an SC category student who last year made it into the preparatory list of JEE but gave it up to take admission in DCE's (now DTU) new branch software engg. I gave up on the idea of giving JEE a second time and started enjoying my college life :P . Though i did fill the form for JEE 2010. Now exactly 22 days are left for the exam and am aware that it is impossible to prepare for JEE in just 22 days , but , my parents want me to work towards it .They think that if i made it into the prep list really without any much hard work last year , merit list shouldn't be a distant possibility. 

I am clueless on how to go about it. Please tell me honestly is this possible? Am aware that i should atleast work hard since the cut off for us is also half that for others . In that case , how should i study?

Also , what do you think about my current position , in DTU .

Please if you answer ASAP it will be very helpful. My biggest problem is lack of dedication though secretly i agree when my parents tell me 'an iit is afterall an iit''

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Mr. Nikhil

There are two views of this problem one comes from you and other one from your parents.
First of all try to make your parents understand that what you want to do exactly and also request them not to force this thing, because if you will got through then this year of yours will be completely vain. Besides that irrespective of all the conditions give 22 days of yours to your parents happiness. You can give a chance to their thoughts so that in future you will be having all the positive points in your hand. I will also suggest you to put your heart and soul in these 22 days but politely make your parents understand that they should not impose pressure of going throught the test at any cost.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Top Engineering Colleges in India

After doing btech in cse from the extension campuses of bits mesra we will take part in placement from the mesra campus or from the extension campus in whih we were studying?
From the extension campus only.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
We do have a T&P Cell where the Coordinator is a a slave of your T&P Cell. We do have teachers who can't speak proper English and trust me all of them are pass outs of BIT Mesra Main Campus ...
Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one year ago
sir i am getting ymca and uiet kurukshetra bot computer science which college should i prefer
After analyzing faculty infrastructure and placement according to me YMCA is abetter option PLS APPROVE IF HELPFUL
mohit vashishtha one year ago
after a
mohit vashishtha one year ago
my rank is 219586 in jee mains which is best college for me
First of all you won’t get any best college. You only will college via which you can take your degree after 4 yrs. That too not guaranteed. So, its better to again give exam to get the...
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Dear Student, there are very thin chances that you may get a seat in top rated institutions like NITs or IITs etc but for sure at some chosen and highly repuited institutons which are best...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
can somebody tell me that the branch predicter here is correct or not ?
Dear student, Yes its correct. You can you it. Thanks
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Yes ofcourse it is, still if you have some doubt about it then prefer visiting the official weblink of Jeemains and find out your stature there, moreover the result is out and you may check ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
is M.L. khanna maths book enough for cracking iit mathematics?
Dear Ankur M.L Khanna is enough for cracking IIT jEE but if you want to crack IIT JEE with good rank then refer other books also To see more abt imp book for IIT JEE check link...
Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
is arihant objective appoarch to mathematics by amit m aggarawal is enough to study for any entrance exam ? if any other book please suggest it ?
weer kumar 3 years ago
It is one of the best book in India to crack IIT examination. Professor Prabal Chakraborty MSc (math) MA (stats) , MBA
Prabal Chakraborty one year ago
sir,which are the engineering entrance exams that i should go for?
There are many good engineering entrances that will let you enter into one of the finest colleges. You can go for JEE , AIEEE, BITSAT (BITS), SRMJEE (SRM university) VITEEE (VIT...
Natasha Roy 10 months ago
Hello. JEE mains, BITSAT (BITS), SRMJEE (SRM university) and VITEE (VIT university) are the most important entrance exams held in the country for BTech. I strongly recommend you to attempt...
RAKSHA A 10 months ago
Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Odisha Joint...
Gaddam Chethan 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Top Engineering Colleges in India

Ask Experts