Hey , am an SC category student who last year made it into the preparatory list of JEE but gave it up to take admission in DCE's (now DTU) new branch software engg. I gave up on the idea of giving JEE a second time and started enjoying my college life :P . Though i did fill the form for JEE 2010. Now exactly 22 days are left for the exam and am aware that it is impossible to prepare for JEE in just 22 days , but , my parents want me to work towards it .They think that if i made it into the prep list really without any much hard work last year , merit list shouldn't be a distant possibility. I am clueless on how to go about it. Please tell me honestly is this possible? Am aware that i should atleast work hard since the cut off for us is also half that for others . In that case , how should i study? Also , what do you think about my current position , in DTU . Please if you answer ASAP it will be very helpful. My biggest problem is lack of dedication though secretly i agree when my parents tell me 'an iit is afterall an iit''

Hey , am an SC category student who last year made it into the preparatory list of JEE but gave it up to take admission in DCE's (now DTU) new branch software engg. I gave up on the idea of giving JEE a second time and started enjoying my college life :P . Though i did fill the form for JEE 2010. Now exactly 22 days are left for the exam and am aware that it is impossible to prepare for JEE in just 22 days , but , my parents want me to work towards it .They think that if i made it into the prep list really without any much hard work last year , merit list shouldn't be a distant possibility. 

I am clueless on how to go about it. Please tell me honestly is this possible? Am aware that i should atleast work hard since the cut off for us is also half that for others . In that case , how should i study?

Also , what do you think about my current position , in DTU .

Please if you answer ASAP it will be very helpful. My biggest problem is lack of dedication though secretly i agree when my parents tell me 'an iit is afterall an iit''

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R
47 Points
13 years ago

Dear Mr. Nikhil

There are two views of this problem one comes from you and other one from your parents.
First of all try to make your parents understand that what you want to do exactly and also request them not to force this thing, because if you will got through then this year of yours will be completely vain. Besides that irrespective of all the conditions give 22 days of yours to your parents happiness. You can give a chance to their thoughts so that in future you will be having all the positive points in your hand. I will also suggest you to put your heart and soul in these 22 days but politely make your parents understand that they should not impose pressure of going throught the test at any cost.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free