There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

i have a great intrest in astronomy field but i don't have much info abt d college and future prospect of dis field. will u please give me full info abt dis carrer??

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student Mr. AMAN

Astronomy and astrophysics are taught as special MSc programmes in the Physics or Mathematics departments in a number of universities. Here are some of the better ones:

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003 — Course: MSc Space Physics (3yrs). Eligibility: BSc. Diploma in Space Science & Tech. Eligibility: MS (Phs)/MScTech with electronics.

MP Birla Planetarium, 96 Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Kolkata 700071. Course: PG Diploma in Astronomy & Planetary Sciences.

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034. Course: PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Post-doctoral Fellowships. (

JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad. Course: MSc (Tech) Space Physics).

National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Pune & Bangalore Campus, ( Research Programmes in Astrophysics & Astronomy (Radio Astronomy & Astrophys, Theoretical Phys & Astrophys, Elig: MSc (Phy/ Astro/ Appl Math/ Physical Chem. BSc/ BE/ BTech with exceptional record can also apply. Selection: Written test & interview.

Osmania University, Centre for Advanced Study in Astronomy, Hyderabad 500007. Course: MSc (Astronomy). Eligibility: BSc (45% in the rel subj).

Punjabi University, Patiala 147002 (Punj). Course: PG Diploma in Space Sciences. Eligibility: MSc (Phys)/ BSc/ BE/ BTech (50%).

Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007 ( Course: MTech in Astrophysics; PhD in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Quantum Physics. PhD Astronomy & Astrophysics, Experimental and Theoretical Physics. Courses: PhD in Physics (including Theoretical and Observational Astronomy, Astrophysics, Physics in Biology, Plasma Physics & Technology, Earth & Atmospheric Sc and Space Sc)/ Mathematics/ Theoretical Computer Sc. Selection: JEST, Introductory Summer School in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Vacation Students’ Programme, Refresher Course in Astronomy & Astrophysics for College and University Teachers.

Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (

Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences (BITS), Pilani, offers a starry future for those who have completed their Master’s in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology or Astrophysics. Course: MPhil in Astronomy & Planetarium Sciences in collaboration with the BIAPS (Birla Institute of Astronomy & Planetarium Sciences), Kolkata. A PhD programme is also offered.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumn

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Top Engineering Colleges in India

Hai, Is lovely Professional University (LPU) is a good institution? Please reply
To best of my knowledge, Lovely Professional University stands atop amongst private universities not only in Punjab but also in India, It’s been labelled as the largest university for its...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
hi harisht lpu is a good college located in is best in case of infastructure if you compared it with other good colleges of punjab. it also provides good placement offers....
SAHIL 5 months ago
yup i tatally agree with the others.. its a really good college even i got an admission over there for this year .. good infastructure and excellent placement record.
nikhila 5 months ago
hello everyone. I am getting electrical engineering at iit - bhu and computer engineering (ce) at dtu . I am confused about the option that I should opt. Please help me.Please make note that...
@ ayush Then electrical engg at iit bhu will be better option for you , see, iit bhu is coming within the top 6-7 iits . and electrical have a good placement status right now , and with...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Dear Student, this is purely a matter of your personal choice as per your area of interest. Both the institutions are equally good in almost all the respects. Have you been allotted or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
Which would be better? IISER or IIT for Physics. I want to take research in Physics. I heard that IIT K and II KGP are good for theoretical Physics. Though IISERs are good, but the lack...
From what i know, if you’re interested in pursuing it, at least for science IISER is better developed. IISER Pune and Kolkata are amazing so if you get through, it’ll be really nice. The...
Neeti one year ago
L GOUSE BASHA one year ago
I am from Jamshedpur and am a regular student in a reputed institute.In all Jee Main mock tests what happens is that my Maths and Chemistry marks are always 70-80 or above it but I fail to...
Pl, first pick up the questions u know when u get the paper and tic them up and attempt them and then do the questions that u know. this will make u not lose ur temperament.
2017 years ago
@ abhishek student hate physics due to its complex numericals and lack of matematical tool knowledge . here are some tips for physics 1- frst of all read the mathematical prob. chap in h c...
What are the topics by which we can solve full maths paper of IIT jee?
Dear Student, Focus on chapters like P and C, probability, vecotrs, limit, complex number, integral.functions, matrix determinant. These chapters have more weightage. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago
Syllabus of IIT JEE mathematics : All topics of 11 th and 12 th
Nishant Vora 10 months ago
Which of India's greatest freedom fighters got his name because his familywere originally sellers of perfume?
It is Gandhiji .. his family were originally sellers of perfume gandhi from gandha.
Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Top Engineering Colleges in India

Ask Experts