i have a great intrest in astronomy field but i don't have much info abt d college and future prospect of dis field. will u please give me full info abt dis carrer??

i have a great intrest in astronomy field but i don't have much info abt d college and future prospect of dis field. will u please give me full info abt dis carrer??

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R
47 Points
14 years ago

Dear student Mr. AMAN

Astronomy and astrophysics are taught as special MSc programmes in the Physics or Mathematics departments in a number of universities. Here are some of the better ones:

Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003 — Course: MSc Space Physics (3yrs). Eligibility: BSc. Diploma in Space Science & Tech. Eligibility: MS (Phs)/MScTech with electronics.

MP Birla Planetarium, 96 Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Kolkata 700071. Course: PG Diploma in Astronomy & Planetary Sciences.

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Koramangala, Bangalore 560034. Course: PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Post-doctoral Fellowships. (www.iiap.ernet.in).

JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad. Course: MSc (Tech) Space Physics).

National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Pune & Bangalore Campus, (www.tifr.res.in/~gsch). Research Programmes in Astrophysics & Astronomy (Radio Astronomy & Astrophys, Theoretical Phys & Astrophys, Elig: MSc (Phy/ Astro/ Appl Math/ Physical Chem. BSc/ BE/ BTech with exceptional record can also apply. Selection: Written test & interview.

Osmania University, Centre for Advanced Study in Astronomy, Hyderabad 500007. Course: MSc (Astronomy). Eligibility: BSc (45% in the rel subj).

Punjabi University, Patiala 147002 (Punj). Course: PG Diploma in Space Sciences. Eligibility: MSc (Phys)/ BSc/ BE/ BTech (50%).

Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007 (www.iucaa.ernet.in). Course: MTech in Astrophysics; PhD in Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Quantum Physics. PhD Astronomy & Astrophysics, Experimental and Theoretical Physics. Courses: PhD in Physics (including Theoretical and Observational Astronomy, Astrophysics, Physics in Biology, Plasma Physics & Technology, Earth & Atmospheric Sc and Space Sc)/ Mathematics/ Theoretical Computer Sc. Selection: JEST, Introductory Summer School in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Vacation Students’ Programme, Refresher Course in Astronomy & Astrophysics for College and University Teachers.

Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (www.iisc.ernet.in).

Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences (BITS), Pilani, offers a starry future for those who have completed their Master’s in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology or Astrophysics. Course: MPhil in Astronomy & Planetarium Sciences in collaboration with the BIAPS (Birla Institute of Astronomy & Planetarium Sciences), Kolkata. A PhD programme is also offered.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumn

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free