I am getting a not-so-desired branch in a not-so-good NIT (which happens to be far away from home as well) in the 3rd Round of AIEEE. Now there are choices that have closing rank (of 3rd round) such that i wud have got them had i placed them higher on the list. Now if i want those choices, is surrendering my present seat a safe option ? My rank is around 5500 and the Chemicals in the top NITs are running in 6000s and 7000s. So if i fill several of such choices, should i surrender my current seat ? Is the risk worth taking or is it that the cutoffs in 4th round are STATIC ? Please reply. Thank you.

I am getting a not-so-desired branch in a not-so-good NIT (which happens to be far away from home as well) in the 3rd Round of AIEEE. Now there are choices that have closing rank (of 3rd round) such that i wud have got them had i placed them higher on the list. Now if i want those choices, is surrendering my present seat a safe option ? My rank is around 5500 and the Chemicals in the top NITs are running in 6000s and 7000s. So if i fill several of such choices, should i surrender my current seat ? Is the risk worth taking or is it that the cutoffs in 4th round are STATIC ? Please reply.

Thank you. 

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear Silicon,

Surrendering ur seat is  not a good idea..!!!
Fresh choice filling takes place in 4th sem....

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free