in third round of aieee i got civil @VNIT.............but i havent take admission there...........because i have already taken admission in govt. college of engg.,pune for the course of electrical engg.(this is an autonaumas institute) i refused to take admission in nit nagpur ..............because i m not interested in civil.................... have i taken the right decision? does the nitian tag help a lot in future for better job prospectives.........................? is there in diff. in engg. syllabus of nit & the mentioned institute(since it is an autonaumas institute ,it has totally diff. syllabus than other state engg. clges)

in third round of aieee i got civil @VNIT.............but i havent take admission there...........because i have already taken admission in govt. college of engg.,pune for the course of electrical engg.(this is an autonaumas institute)

i refused to take admission in nit nagpur ..............because i m not interested in civil....................

have i taken the right decision?

does the nitian tag help a lot in future for better job prospectives.........................?

is there in diff. in engg. syllabus of nit & the mentioned institute(since it is an autonaumas institute ,it has totally diff. syllabus than other state engg. clges)

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskIITians Expert Sunil,DCE
8 Points
14 years ago

See as u have mentioned that u don’t have interest in Civil than u have taken a right decision.
Electrical is also one of the core branches like civil. But the name NIT matters a lot.

NIT are now having the status of “Institute of National Importance” like of IIT’s and have good placement records also.
It’s all depend upon individual interest which branch he has to take. Both branches are good and have good job prospects in future.

Hope ur Query is answered.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free