my aieee rank is 25399 n my state rank is 2200 ....i'm from delhi.....which is the best option for mech or civil available to me i ve been called in 5th round seat allotment...i did not get any nit in 1st 4 rounds

my aieee rank is 25399 n my state rank is 2200 ....i'm from delhi.....which is the best option for mech or civil available to me i ve been called in 5th round seat allotment...i did not get any nit in 1st 4 rounds

Grade:

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

If u are concerned about the branch options then , both the branches are good in their own sense. On one hand mechanical engineering is an evergreen branch and even still enjoys a good scope in various prospects.

Mechanical engineering, the broadest of all Engineering disciplines deals with design and production of tools, machines and all other mechanical equipment to be used in industries. The industry offers a wide choice of options extending across many interdisciplinary interdependent specialties.Mechanical Engineering finds applications in all fields of technology. They could work in many industries including private or public sector industries of various types, and their work varies by industry and function. With the rapid rate of expansion in the industrial sector, the employment potential for mechanical engineers is very high. 

On the other hand civil engineering is something that is growing at a very good pace at present in India especially, where infrs development is taking place at such a fast pace.

Civil Engineers can find job in Government departments, private and public sector industries, research and teaching institutions etc for civil engineers are expected to increase as fast as the average for all jobs, although the construction industry is vulnerable to fluctuations in the economy.
Civil engineers will always be needed to maintain and repair existing facilities and structures and to construct new ones. After doing B.Tech, one can look for jobs in road projects, building work, consultancy firms, quality testing laboratories or housing societies. The experts say there is a high demand for experienced civil engineers in developed countries. 

Civil engineers are employed in all the major construction projects carried out by the state or central government, the railways, private construction companies, military, engineering services, consultancy services etc. Civil engineering graduates can also go in for research and take up teaching or they can open their own independent consultancy services.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free