Hi i am anshul garg. I have got air 5276 in aieee 09. I am confused regarding my admission. I have 2 options: 1. Ece in pec 2. Ece in bit mesra. Which one is better in terms of placements and quality education. Help me in selecting the correct choice. Do give explanation for your answer

Hi i am anshul garg. I have got air 5276 in aieee 09.
I am confused regarding my admission.
I have 2 options: 1. Ece in pec
2. Ece in bit mesra.
Which one is better in terms of placements and quality education.
Help me in selecting the correct choice.
Do give explanation for your answer

Grade:Upto college level

4 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

I would suggest u to go fr BITS Mesra, its a good college with good infrastructure and faculty. Facilities out there are also good for students. The recent survey by OUTLOOk has placed BIT Mesra above pec in all the parameters, be it S.P: Selection process, A.E: Academic excellence, I: Infrastructure, P&IL:Placements & industry links,or T.S: Total score

Since there is no ques of which branch to choose, then surely BITS Mesra is a better option and also BITS Mesra is collaborated with many universities which further improves ur future prospects. U cn see the outlook report from the following link pec.ac.in/scripts_new/outlook2009.pdf  .

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

I would suggest u to go fr BITS Mesra as its considered a better institute than PEC for the yr 2009-10 as per the survey conducted by Outlook magazine and also BITS has scored greater than PEC almost in all parameters be it S.P: Selection process, A.E: Academic excellence, I: Infrastructure, P&IL:Placements & industry links, T.S: Total score .

BITS institutions have good collaboration with the foriegn universities , so it would be better for ur future to study in such an institution. BITS also has gt good infra and facilities fr students, so it would be a nice experience to study in BITS. In terms of quality education also, BITS has scored more than PEC. U can chech out the outlook survey from the foll. link : www.pec.ac.in/scripts_new/outlook2009.pdf

sug holy
8 Points
14 years ago

DON'T WASTE TIME AND STRAIGHTAWAY TAKE PEC-ECE..........BIT MESRA IS A PVT. COLLEGE AND DEFINITELY NOT AS GOOD AS PEC

AskIITianExpert Srijan.iitd
8 Points
14 years ago

I would suggest you shuld go for BIT mesra.It is definetly placed above PEC in the engineering college rankings.BIT mesra have a wonderfull infrastructure and quality of education too is quite good.Placementwise too BIT mesra is better.

The placement of any institute depends largely on the student intake of that institute.Trends show that the better rank holders opt for BIT mesra over PEC which is the major drivers of the placement statistics.The trend is set on not just one or two years but decades and more than 50 years history of BIT mesra is far too glorious than PEC.there was a downturn in its repuation during the 90's due to which it slipped some ranks but now now this institute is at its best.It has always been under 10 in  the list of engineering colleges since its establishment half a century ago!!!

the latest list is:

Rank Institute City
1 Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Kanpur
2 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Bombay
3 Indian Institure of Technology Kharagpur Kharagpur
4 Indian Institute of Technology Madras Chennai
5 Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Delhi
6 Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Roorkee
7 Indian Institute of Technology Guwhati Guwhati
8 Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad Hyderabad
9 IT-BHU Varanasi Varanasi
10 ISMU Dhanbad Dhanbad
11 Indian Institute of Technology Gandhi Nagar Gandhi Nagar
12 Indian Institute of Technology Patna Patna
13 Indian Institute of Technology Punjab Roopnagar
14 Indian Institute of Technology Rajasthan Kota
15 BITS Pilani Piliani
16 NIT Warngal Warngal
17 NIT Trichy Trichy
18 NIT Suratkal Suratkal
19 College of Engineering Anna University Guindy
20 Jadavpur University Kolkata
21 BIT Mesra Mesra
22 NIT Calicut Calicut
23 Delhi college of Engineering Delhi
24 Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
25 NIT Durgapur Durgapur
26 JNTU Hyderabad Hyderabad
27 NIT Rourkela Rourkela
28 NIT Hamirpur Hamirpur
29 IIIT Hyderabad Hyderabad
30 MNIT Jaipur Jaipur
31 Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Surat
32 University Visvesvaraya College of Engg. Bangalore
33 Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur
34 College of Engineering, Osmania University Hyderabad
35 Bengal Eng and Science University Shibpur, Howrah
36 Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal
37 Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh
38 NIT Kurukshetra Kurukshetra
39 NIT Jamshedpur Jamshedpur
40 NIT Patna Patna
41 College of Engineering, Andhra University Vishakhapatnam
42 NIT Jalandhar Jalandhar
43 Indian Institute of Information Technology Bangalore Bangalore
44 Govt. College of Engineering Pune
45 College of Engineering Trivandrum
46 JNTU Kakinada Kakinada
47 SV University Engineering College Tirupati
48 Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal
49 Thapar Inst of Engineering & Technology Patiala
50 Dhirubhai Ambani IICT Gandhinagar

for more info over this folow the link: http://www.inspirenignite.com/top-ranked-engineering-colleges-in-india-2009/

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free