To draw a pair of tangents to a circle which are inclined to each other at an angle of 100 degree it is required to draw tangents at end points of those two radii of the circle, the angle between whch should be :?

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear student,

I will give you a hint:

sum of central angle + angle made by 2 tangents = 180°
as other 2 angles are 90° tangent to the circle.
so central angle is 120°
draw line passing through center O
draw angle 60° on each side. draw tengents where the line of angle intersects the circle on both sides.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

3 years ago

bhai acc to me only two tangents can be drawn at the end points of two radii.  can sumone plz elaborate...how does the question make sense.. is it a problem of construction..?

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Top Engineering Colleges in India

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir my all india rank in aieee is 9984 and ip is1360 and in uptu is 1420.Please tell me the best college for me. Pls help!!!!

AS PER ME YOU CAN GOR FOR mAHARAJA aGARSEN iNSTITUTE OF tECHNOLOGY OF IP University if u want top branch, else go for NSIT

Varun Kumar one year ago

osmania university

Raghuvaran varan Chandragiri one year ago
i got 117 marks in jee mains and 81% in 12 th cbse i belong to genral category. what will be the expected top 20 percentile this year. what will be my jee mains rank.can i get core branch...

Hi Siddharth, Seeing your marks you can expect mains rank between 100,000-150,000. You might not get seat in any of the colleges you mentioned in GEN category. Yeah i think you should try...
  img
Arun Kumar one month ago

i think rank shuld be between 75-80 k

siddharth chandil one month ago

):

siddharth chandil one month ago
is getting admission in dual degree program at iiest shibpur better than btech at jadavpur please help my wbjee rank is 712

The term better is relative.,f you are sure about the stream you are going in Dual degree is good for you but if you are just following thye culture go for B.Tech because after 4 years you...
  img
Sourabh Singh 10 days ago
Sir please give ranking of following - NIT trichy production,NIT calicut production,NIT trichy metallurgy,NIT calicut metallurgy and IIT BHU ceramics.

1.NIT Trichy Production. 2. NIT Calicut Production 3.NIT Trichy Metallurgy 4. IIT BHU Ceramics 5.NIT Calicut Metallurgy Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee askIITians
  img
Aziz Alam 7 days ago
Sir my BITSAT score is 355 and in the first round of iteration I got EEE in goa ...Do I have a chance of Mech or EEE in Pilani campus in later rounds ??

First of all, congratulations for your success.You have a pretty good chance of getting both Mech (337 cutoff-2013 & 332 cutoff-2012) and EEE(343 cutoff-2013 & 343 cutoff-2012) in...
  img
Aziz Alam 16 days ago
Hi, I have got 1963 rank in JEE Advanced. I dont have any specific choice. Based on good IIT and placements could you please help in clg & branch selection. your help will be appreciated....

Hi Gaurav, Congratulations! You should try for Civil & Chemical (both B.Tech & dual) at IIT Delhi & IIT Roorkee. You have a good chance of getting ME at IIT Guwahti & ECE at...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

I agree placements are good in IITs but just confused that should I go for CS in new IITs or should i go for other branches like you suggested. what are the placement scenarion if we compare...

Gaurav one month ago
View all Questions »