Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

To draw a pair of tangents to a circle which are inclined to each other at an angle of 100 degree it is required to draw tangents at end points of those two radii of the circle, the angle between whch should be :?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear student,

I will give you a hint:

sum of central angle + angle made by 2 tangents = 180°
as other 2 angles are 90° tangent to the circle.
so central angle is 120°
draw line passing through center O
draw angle 60° on each side. draw tengents where the line of angle intersects the circle on both sides.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

bhai acc to me only two tangents can be drawn at the end points of two radii.  can sumone plz elaborate...how does the question make sense.. is it a problem of construction..?

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Top Engineering Colleges in India

Sir I have got Mech. Engg. at NSIT. Any comments or views ? Is it good? Please. it would help.

Its a good one and you got good branch too. Go ahead.
  img
Avinash one year ago

you’re welcome
  img
Avinash one year ago

Thank you Sir!

Shantanu one year ago
Sir, 1)Why is the highest package in nit warangal as less as 24 lakhs per annum this year 2015 compared to 86 lakhs last year? 2) Is nit warangal better than bits hyd in terms of packages?...

Regarding fall in higherst package, These generally depends upon some extra brilliant students. May be in that year any one/few of the students may have performed extra ordinary. Regarding...
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

Whenever you are stuck n a fix whether to choose quality conscious college of monetary benefit based collge then a comparson and contrast is justified, but here in your case both the...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
Which should I choose between PEC CSE, NSIT ECE..? Help would be appreciated. I am interested in both streams equally.

CSE is the demand of today. So you must go for PEC CSE

AKSHAY SHARMA one year ago

NSIT

Hirday one year ago
I got 61.80% in HSC board Maharashtra and 80marks in Jee Mains could I get NIT colleges OBC Rank 124000

Dear Student, you need to visit the official website of an NIT and check the details available at the website, try to find out whether your score lands you somewhere or not, If yes, well...

Aneesh Sehgal 16 days ago
What is twin parados given in relativity ?

In physics, the twin paradox is a thought experiment in special relativity involving identical twins, one of whom makes a journey into space in a high-speed rocket and returns home to find...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
Is bharti bhawan's physics D MUKHERJI sufficient for bitsat for problem solving and for theory DC pandey??

Fpr Questions you can also go for HC Verma and theory first of all cover NCERT n then you can move to HC Verma along with DC Pandey
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago

Dear student Yes you can go for Mukherji along with DC Pandey for thoery but don’t neglect your NCERT.You can also go for H.C.Verma and Pradeep for problem solving.
  img
Bhavya 3 months ago

yeah both are good books :)
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20