i have just cleared my jee and has been offered chemical engineering in Guwahati , also i am eligible for PEC mech.engg & IIST avionics & aerospace. sir I'm all confused and need assistance of your staff regarding this problem. sir please help me and guide me through this problem.

i have just cleared my jee and has been offered chemical engineering in Guwahati , also i am eligible for PEC mech.engg
& IIST avionics & aerospace.
sir I'm all confused and need assistance of your staff regarding this problem. sir please help me and guide me through this
problem.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Vipul,

This situation is quite simple here cauz iit name is sufficient to decide which is better for u . IITs hav a brand name and if u are getting that tag then why r u getting confused as iit is always a good choice and if u hav fears about chem engg. then i will tell u one thing dat chem engg. hav a very bright job prospects in the coming days.Also i want to mention that if ur parents are telling u about the security concerns den just don't listen to them as there is nothing like that der and every year many students take admission and till now dey don't face any kind of threats. So just go for chem at iitg as ur other options don't stand anywhere in front of this .

askiitian expert akshay singh
8 Points
14 years ago

HI,

I dont think there should be any confusion in ur mind ,u should opt for che engg. in iit guwahati.IIT is a brand name ant not many people get chance to get into iit and it wont be a wise decision to leave iit guwahati che. for mech & aerospace in any other college.Although mech. engg. is preferred over chemical but there is not much differnence between these two branches.They lie almost at the same cader.But if u take admission in iit then u have a dominating edge over pec mech & iist aerospace.The case would change if u have a specific branch interest in aerospace or mech, then u can go for the alternatives ant other than this u should not leave this chance of being called an iitian and getting ur future shaped properly.

About the che. department i would say that the department is endowed with young, vibrant and dynamic faculty well qualified to impart high quality teaching and research in Chemical Engineering. The research interests of the faculty vary broadly ranging from nano scale to meso scale systems/technology that may demand a collaborative approach with Chemistry, Materials Science, Bio-technology, Computing and Electronics.The department is fully supported by 18 faculty members and 9 staff. The department comprises of about 7 laboratories for the undergraduates. In addition, the department is equipped with excellent analytical instruments, computer facilities and research laboratories for the postgraduates and the research scholars.

So i would definitely suggest you to choose che engg. at iit guwahati.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free