Which is better? Doing 5 year MS dual degree physics in IIT-Madras or a four year EEE in NIT-Trichy? Future plan is to have a good job in a private sector in India or abroad rather than in some universities. Would like to do MTech or MBA after graduation based on the situation after 4/5 years.

Which is better? Doing 5 year MS dual degree physics in IIT-Madras or a four year EEE in NIT-Trichy? Future plan is to have a good job in a private sector in India or abroad rather than in some universities. Would like to do MTech or MBA after graduation based on the situation after 4/5 years.

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

peter john
8 Points
14 years ago

Adding to my previous question, I may get 5 year dual degree (BTech/MTech) in Naval Architecture or Bio Technology due to slide up in IIT-Madras during 2nd round. MS Physics dual degree is a new 5 year course introduced in IIT-Madras similar to MSc Physics in other IITs. In two minds about the IIT brand and good branch at NIT-Trichy

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Peter ,

If you apply for 5 year MS dual degree physics in iit-madras, then your future is likely to get involved in research works but after seeing your future interests , i will suggest you to take EEE in NIT-TRICHY as it will provide good oppurtunities to you in the future and according to you if you want to do Mtech or MBA then it will save your one year.

And one thing i wanted to tell you that for a good carrier in research also, u must prefer doing MS from abroad as MS from india is not well recognized in the outside world.So according to your future plan , u must go for a btech in NIT and after that u can do any private job or can do a MS from abroad and get a good job outside india or can do MBA from here and then go for jobs.Doing mtech is not worthwhile for you in this case.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free