I HAVE GOT COMP SCI IN IIT PUNJAB AND MY DCE RANK IS 389 , BY WHICH I MAY ALSO GET COM SCI OR OTHER DECENT BR IN DCE/NSIT I AM IN A FIX WHETHER TO GO TO IIT PUNJAB , WHOSE INFRASTRUCTURE IS NOT YET READY , BUT IT HAS IIT TAG. WILL I GET SAME QUALITY OF EDUCATION THERE AS IIT'S ARE KNOWN FOR ? OR SHOULD I OPT FOR DCE/NSIT WHICH IS WELL ESTABLISHED AND REPUTED INSTITUTION OF INDIA AND WHOSE PLACEMENT FIGURES ARE ALSO GOOD. PL HELP WITH YOUR OPINION

I HAVE GOT COMP SCI IN IIT  PUNJAB

AND MY  DCE RANK IS  389 , BY WHICH I MAY ALSO GET  COM SCI  OR OTHER DECENT BR IN  DCE/NSIT

I AM  IN A FIX  WHETHER  TO GO TO  IIT PUNJAB , WHOSE INFRASTRUCTURE IS NOT YET READY  , BUT IT HAS  IIT TAG.

WILL I GET SAME QUALITY OF EDUCATION THERE  AS IIT'S ARE KNOWN FOR ?

OR SHOULD I OPT FOR  DCE/NSIT  WHICH IS  WELL ESTABLISHED AND REPUTED INSTITUTION  OF INDIA  AND WHOSE 

PLACEMENT FIGURES ARE ALSO GOOD.

PL HELP  WITH YOUR OPINION

Grade:Upto college level

3 Answers

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Gaurav ,

If you are getting comp.sc at DCE then you must go there as this is a well set institute rather than going to iit punjab .In my opinion, new iits will take time to get  recognisation as of older iits ,as they also took time to establish their brand. And last year classes of iit punjab took place at iit delhi and i am also an iitdelhi student , so after seeing their condition , i will suggest you to take DCE rather than iit punjab.For your query about the quality of education  i think you are smart enough to compare dce with a one year old institute.

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Going to DCE is a much better option, as it is an established, well recognised institute with a good faculty and infrastructure, You are right about IIT Punjab, as it doesn't even have its own infrastructure it wont be a nice decision to go to IIT Punjab. Moreover , this year IIt delhi mentored IIt Punjab, and there students studied in IIT Delhi.

Also, when it comes to placement, Companies wont prefer any new institute even if it has its IIT brand name.

kumar ashwani
8 Points
14 years ago
There will be no dilution in quality of education and brand.I heard comment of IITD student.A lot of students were getting admissions in IITD in civil and chem and many others in biotech and textile.You can compare ranks.All of us know that there is no dilution in quality of education.IIT tag has very high value.I will give u an example.IIT Guwahati in its first year of placement ie in 1998 has higher packages then compared to BITS Pilani which has been established for quite long even before many IITs.You can see the value of IIT tag.You are getting IIT with CSE branch one of the best place to learn CSE.Many of us have left IIIT Hyderabad and BITS Pilani CSE.Even last year also my friends left DCE for IIT U bt now none of us regret our decision.IIT is the best place to study CSE.Faculty members will be provided by IITD.Do u think that IITD has poor faculty then you can surely move to DCE.All IIT faculties have better resumes compared to DCE.Even IIT faculties has better salaries than DCE one U can think of quality faculties,where will they move. IITs get a lot of funding so it will surely be better than DCE.see IITD has all art of state high tech labs but how many of B.Tech students get a chance to work in those labs.The actual answer is none.I m a student of IIT Punjab.I have seen IITD and I have friends there almost in eery branch. SEE,there are about 90 faculties on deputation from IITD to IIT Punjab to make arrangements same as IITD.In other words you will get same quality of education as IITD CSE students without getting those high ranks. IIT Punjab is also in collaboration with UK University,talks are going on.Placement wise IITs will perform better than DCE as both students and faculties of IIT Punjab is better than DCE which is required for placements nothing else. Even for your future education like if u want to do MS in foreign IIT brand will certainly have better values than DCE.For further details visit www.iitpunjab.co.cc and contact there or contact me at kumartheashwani@gmail.com

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free