Sir,am in NSIT (1st yr MPAE).... i had 12000 rank am thinking of giving AIEEE again nxt yr nd hoping to get atleast 8000 rank ...i can manage studying it again with collg.....do u think dce mech is worth enough for me to drop one yr for it????? cauze i want to be on mech side only nd i couldnt get it this yr!!!!

Sir,am in NSIT (1st yr MPAE)....

i had 12000 rank

am thinking of giving AIEEE again nxt yr nd hoping to get atleast 8000 rank ...i can manage studying it again with collg.....do u think dce mech is worth enough for me to drop one yr for it?????

cauze i want to be on mech side only nd i couldnt get it this yr!!!!

Grade:12

5 Answers

Anil Pannikar AskiitiansExpert-IITB
85 Points
13 years ago

Dear NSIT ok ok,

If u r interested in mech then u must start preparation for AIEEE right now and try to get a gud rank, but make sure that u meet some seniors of NIT and enquire about the branch and placemnts before taking such a big decision to repeat a year. Mech is surely worth enough but as u r in MPAE, i would like to tell u that its a sub branch of mech only. So, there isn't any big difference in these two branch but mech. people have lot of opportunities in govt. sector jobs and industries, and they require engineers from mechnical branch only. Even if visit naukri.com then u will find lots of jobs available for mech. So, if I was in ur situation then would have definitely worked hard to get mech in a gud institution like IIT, NIT etc. But u must consult other people too before taking this decision.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Anil Pannikar

IIT Bombay

NSIT is ok ok
16 Points
13 years ago

a fast reply will be appreciated as that will tell should i start for aieee again or nt!!!!

NSIT is ok ok
16 Points
13 years ago

Sir i dont think IIT is my cup of tea.....and i dont want to leave delhi for ny NIT too....

thats y am asking is DTU enough good to leave MPAE 1st yr in NSIT....????

cauze i have heard DTU may go down due to changes nd all....

yet i have heard Mechanical in DCE was the best!!!!!

Aieeeian 2010
4 Points
13 years ago

NSIT MPAE and DCE (DTU) mech are the same, as far as value and placements are concerned.

You got a seat in NSIT, you should be celebrating.

Unless you are really interested in some other branch like computers, don't waste a year.

I am sure you'd have already realized this after talking to your NSIT seniors...Most people who make it to Stanford and MIT from NSIT happen to be from MPAE.

utkarsh sni
18 Points
12 years ago

i m confused...which oni to take first COE,IT,ECE,SOFTWARE ENG,EEE,ELECTRICALS,mathematics and computing,CHEMICAL???????what will be correct order for DTU??PLZ REPLY SOON.......

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free