Sir, I have passed class 12 this yr. and joined NIT,Calicut for B.Tech CS.. I have a good chance of getting a seat in IIIT Hybd. for their dual degree programs- CSD/CL/CNS/Exact HUmanities... what wud u suggest ..plz help.. i'm really confused as IIIT H has huge reputation in CS !! (Also, I will lose abt rs. 50k and pay extra fees there for their "dual degree programs")

Sir, I have passed class 12 this yr. and joined NIT,Calicut for B.Tech CS.. I have a good chance of getting a seat in IIIT Hybd. for their dual degree programs- CSD/CL/CNS/Exact HUmanities... what wud u suggest ..plz help.. i'm really confused as IIIT H has huge reputation in CS !!

(Also, I will lose abt rs. 50k and pay extra fees there for their "dual degree programs")

Grade:12

2 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear Vidhu

In terms of jobs, I heard you can get better jobs than in NITs for dual degrees. But generally people cant complete in 5 yrs , because college dont give you degree until you complete your thesis. So keep it in mind while deciding which one you want to go.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Vidhu Chauhan
14 Points
13 years ago

I have been alloted B.Tech CSE+ MS by research In Computational Linguistics and have to take a decision by tomorrow..

(as far as engineering is concerned..I'm interested only in CS.. but not sure whether I want to stay in its core sector(say about 2/3 rd chance for that ).. I may want to deviate for something more interesting if I find..).. what wud b ur call for that.. Is its  class of faculty and reputation worth to spend an extra year.).. One more thing- this course has been introduced this yr. onwards only.. I'm really confused..(actually I dreamt of joining IIIT H two weeks ago but after joing NITC and spending some time here my prospectives have just changed for no reason !!)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free