Sir/ Ma’am I really need your advice. I have got NIT Jalandhar Textile engineering in the special round of csab and i am presently studying in Feroz Gandhi Institute of engineering and technology (FGIET), Raebareli Computer Science. Should i leave it and go to NITJ for the NIT Tag? Ps- I am interested in CS but i have heard interests change in college. I am really really confused but for now i like CS ( the programming part) Also my rank in jee was 47k and i missed the application date of thapar and bit off campuses which i really regret :’( ps- i do not like the campus life of fgiet at all :(((((((( fgiet is a semi government college under uptu. also, do you think studying at amity lucknow would be better than fgiet?? or does the semi government tag matter in off campus placement? Also, if i take nitj textile can i apply for off campus placement in google/ microsoft etc if i manage to learn coding meanwhile?? and after textile can i pursue higher studies in CS? Please suggest me the best possible solution to my dilemma. Thanks a lot. Awaiting an early response.

Sir/ Ma’am I really need your advice. I have got NIT Jalandhar Textile engineering in the special round of csab and i am presently studying in Feroz Gandhi Institute of engineering and technology (FGIET), Raebareli Computer Science. Should i leave it and go to NITJ for the NIT Tag? Ps- I am interested in CS but i have heard interests change in college. I am really really confused but for now i like CS ( the programming part) 
Also my rank in jee was 47k  and i missed the application date of thapar and bit off campuses which i really regret :’(
ps- i do not like the campus life of fgiet at all :(((((((( fgiet is a semi government college under uptu. 
also, do you think studying at amity lucknow would be better than fgiet?? or does the semi government tag matter in off campus placement? 
Also, if i take nitj textile can i apply for off campus placement in google/ microsoft etc if i manage to learn coding meanwhile?? and after textile can i pursue higher studies in CS?
Please suggest me the best possible solution to my dilemma. Thanks a lot. Awaiting an early response.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Harsh Patodia IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 907 Points
8 years ago
You can go for NIT and there you can work hard in first year and get your branch upgarded. NIT tag is obviously better then any semi government college.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free