Pendulum clocks generally go fast in winter and slow in summer. Why?

Pendulum clocks generally go fast in winter and slow in summer. Why?

Grade:10

13 Answers

mahendra
83 Points
8 years ago
  1. T = 2πROOT L BY G      OR T INVERSLY PROPORSIONA TO L
Time period of a pendulum clock is directly proportional to square root of the length of the
Pendulum.
i) In winter the length of the pendulum decreases and its time period decreases. So clock goes
fast.
ii) In summer the length of the Pendulum increases and its time period increases. So the clock
goes slow.

pa1
357 Points
8 years ago
i) In winter the length of the pendulum decreases and its time period decreases. So clock goes
fast.
ii) In summer the length of the Pendulum increases and its time period increases. So the clock
goes slow.

ARATI SREEKANTH
54 Points
8 years ago
Time period of a pendulum is directly proportional to square root of the length of the
Pendulum.
fast.
goes slow.
salvathshaik
164 Points
8 years ago
In winter the length of the pendulum decreases and its time period decreases. So clock goes
fast.but  In summer the length of the Pendulum increases and its time period increases. So the clock
goes slow.
mahendra
83 Points
8 years ago
Time period of a pendulum clock is directly proportional to square root of the length of thePendulum.i) In winter the length of the pendulum decreases and its time period decreases. So clock goesfast.ii) In summer the length of the Pendulum increases and its time period increases. So the clockgoes slow.
mahendra
83 Points
8 years ago
Time period of a pendulum clock is directly proportional to square root of the length of thePendulum.i) In winter the length of the pendulum decreases and its time period decreases. So clock goesfast.ii) In summer the length of the Pendulum increases and its time period increases. So the clockgoes slow.
mahendra
83 Points
8 years ago
venky
235 Points
8 years ago
T = 2πROOT L BY G      OR T INVERSLY PROPORSIONA TO L
Time period of a pendulum clock is directly proportional to square root of the length of the
Pendulum.
fast.
goes slow.
venky
235 Points
8 years ago
rey approve cheyara babu
Sangita Rao
17 Points
7 years ago
In summer and the length of pendulum string increases and it’s time period also increase so the pendulum clock go slower in summer and winter the length of pendulum string decreases and it's time period is also decreases so the pendulum goes faster in winter 

Karthik Prabhu
24 Points
7 years ago
Because as the length decreases time period increses so length is inversely proportional to time period
ajaynath
37 Points
7 years ago
because time depends upon effective length of string.In summer length of string increases due to temperature and in winter length contracts.so time works dependig upon seasons.
ajaynath
37 Points
7 years ago
because time depends upon effective length of string.In summer length of string increases due to temperature and in winter length contracts.so time works depending upon seasons.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free