Can a room be cooled by leaving the door of an electric refrigerator open?

Can a room be cooled by leaving the door of an electric refrigerator open?

Grade:12

6 Answers

HARINATH
90 Points
8 years ago
A refrigerator is a heat engine that works in backward direction i.e., it extracts heat from a low
temperature reservoir and transfers it to a high temperature reservoir. Thus it exhausts more
heat into the room than it extracts from it. Hence the room gets heated.

HARINATH
90 Points
8 years ago
A refrigerator is a heat engine that works in backward direction i.e., it extracts heat from a low
temperature reservoir and transfers it to a high temperature reservoir. Thus it exhausts more
heat into the room than it extracts from it. Hence the room gets heated.

pa1
357 Points
8 years ago
A refrigerator is a heat engine that works in backward direction i.e., it extracts heat from a lowtemperature reservoir and transfers it to a high temperature reservoir. Thus it exhausts moreheat into the room than it extracts from it. Hence the room gets heated.
SAI SARDAR
1700 Points
8 years ago
Salvath, A refrigerater is worked by the principle of backward reaction so if you open the door then the room will be heated because It taken energy from high temperature this is the reason for this situation.
SAI SANDY
153 Points
8 years ago
heat into the room than it extracts from it. Hence the room gets heated .
Prabhakar ch
577 Points
8 years ago
  • A refrigerater is worked by the principle of backward reaction so if you open the door then the room will be heated because It taken energy from high temperature this is the reason for this situation.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free