• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Wien's displacement law

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Wein's Displacement Law

It states that the product of the wavelength corresponding to which maximum energy is emitted and absolute temperature of black body is always constant i.e.

λm T = b

Where b is called wein's constant. Its value is 0.002898m K in SI.

Wien's law tells that the total energy emitted by perfect black body is not uniformly distributed over the entire wavelength emitted by it. The energy emitted is maximum for a particular wavelength λm. It is common observation that when a body is heated more and more, the colour of body changes from red (loger wavelength) to yellow (smaller wavelength). This observation can be explained on the basis of Wien's law as with increasing temperature, the emission of energy is maximum corresponding to smaller wavelength.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Thermal Physics

what is the highest mountain in the total solar system ?what is its height?
Mount Olympus Mons is the highest peak in the solarsystem and its height is about 3 times of mount everest.
R PAVAN 6 months ago
The Hall effect is relevant to a variety of sensor applications; devices based on this relatively simple relationship between current, magnetic field, and voltage can be used to measure...
Kishorkumar 6 months ago
calculate the value of the gas constant for one gram of hydrogen,given that density of hydrogen at N.T.P is 0.00009 g/cm 3
Density of hydrogen is at N.T.P condition 0.00009
OUTPASS one year ago
How to derive the relation : Cp/Cv = gamma????? From basic terms
Formula of enthaply (delta H)=(deltaE)+PV Equation of ideal gas=pv=nRT From equation we get pv=RT (where n=1) subtitute pv value in enthalpy we get E+RT=H differentiate the ‘H’ with respect ...
U.Divyatejasree 23 days ago
Help me sir
Akshit Matthew one year ago
Iitjee problem reposted to check who can do it within 5seconds.
@ amal u have did the same mistake again , no image attched with this ques , kindly do add an image so, that we can respond to it as fast as possible , and all are here a professional...
Umakant biswal yesterday
Please give me a detailed explanation to the question. I need at as soon as possible
I can guide U through the formulaes u can use here: Use 2 nd law of eqn. s = 0.5at^2 as there is no velocity in horizontal direction. and in x- direction use, x = v*t at end of the plate x...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Thermal Physics

Ask Experts