WHAT IS the difference between acid strength and acidic nature

WHAT IS the difference between acid strength and acidic nature

Grade:8

3 Answers

Bhavya
askIITians Faculty 1281 Points
7 years ago
Dear student
Acidic strength is the strength of an acid which is based on degree of dissociation of acid, more the degree of dissociation more is the acidic strength.
Acidic nature is the ability to donate protons.Eg HCl and CH3COOH both are acidic in nature inspite of the fact that HCl is strong acid whereas CH3COOH is weak acid.
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ gayathri 
What u need to understand is that , when any acid will dissolve in water , then as acid also contains ions and its a probably strong electrolyte , then they also release ions in that case , these are called as degree of dissociation of acids , and they are expressed in alpha . 
so, they are called as acidic strength . and the acid which can generate more ions are called as strong acids and vice versa . 
Ans as far as acidic nature is concerned then acc to bronsted lorry theory the substance which can donate proton is called as acids and which can accept proton is called as bases , 
so, these tendency of donating protons by the acids is called as its acidic nature . 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST ..
Nikhil Lomate
34 Points
7 years ago
Acidic Strength is check due to +I effect. There is more bond length more is the +I effect and more is the +I effect more is acidic strength. Its ability to loose protons.
And acidic nature is the solution of pH. The pH is measure of the number of hydrogen ions that are present in the solution.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free