Please answer me as soon as possible. What is common between an orbit and an orbital? I am very confusing about it, what would i conclude?

Please answer me as soon as possible. What is common between an orbit and an orbital? I am very confusing about it, what would i conclude?

Grade:12th Pass

6 Answers

Kulbushan
17 Points
6 years ago
They are both related to position of an electron around the atom.They increase in size as energy level increases.

Subhash Kumar Mehta
100 Points
6 years ago
I think orbit and orbital have electron in common as electon is present o both orbit as well as orbital .
Yashvik
18 Points
6 years ago
Orbit is a 2 dimensional path on which an electron is assumed to revolve around the nucleus, whereas orbital is a three dimensionsional region on which the PROBABILITY of finding an electron is maximum. 

The concept of orbit violates the heisenberg uncertainty principle, but the orbital concept is in accordance with it. 
Rambhaa
13 Points
6 years ago
In an atom- Shell (also known as orbit and is represented by principal quantum number)→Subshell(represented by l which further designate s|p|d|f)→Orbital(represented by m which tells about the position of electron in a subshell)→Respective position of electron in a particular orbital is given by spin quantum number designated as ms.
priyanka
35 Points
6 years ago
Orbits and orbital are different paths of atoms. ... Orbits are the fixed paths around which electrons revolve around the nucleus of the atom following the same principle as that of the planets. An orbit is a planar or two-dimensional circular pathway. The maximum number of electrons in a particular orbit is 2n2
Anjali kumari
104 Points
5 years ago
As orbit is the fixed path around which electrons moves.But orbitals are the maximum probability of finding electrons.please approve it.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free