If neither heat nor matter can enter or leave a system, the system must be isolated. Is the above statement true? I`m again asking this question because the source of the question says that this is not true.What I have thought is that heat excludes transfer of energy through work. So system without exchanging heat can exchange energy by doing work.Please verify.

If neither heat nor matter can enter or leave a system, the system must be isolated. Is the above statement true? I`m again asking this question because the source of the question says that this is not true.What I have thought is that heat excludes transfer of energy through work. So system without exchanging heat can exchange energy by doing work.Please verify.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ gagandeep . 
as per the defination of isolated system , the system in which the heat as well as matter cannot be exchanged with surrounding , this defination are fully correct . 
remember heat is a form of energy 
and if energy cannot exchange then heat also cannot , so, system cannot exchanging enrgy without exchange heat . 
HOPE IT CLEARS 
Srikanth tumpudi
22 Points
7 years ago
In thermo dynamics you will know the system is isothermal in this process heat never enter and never leave

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free