Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

hey Plz tell me Under what conditions do real gases behave ideally????

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Raja ,

Real gases sometimes don't obey the ideal gas laws because the ideal gas model is based on some assumptions that aren't completely true.

The main flaw in the ideal gas model is the assumption that gas molecules do not attract or repel each other. Attractions and repulsions are negligible when the distance between molecules is large, but they do become larger as the molecules become closer together. If you can contrive conditions that force the molecules into close contact, so that attractions and repulsions can't be neglected, you will likely see deviations from ideal behavior.

You would expect that when the gas had a high molar volume, the molecules would be far apart and the gas would behave ideally. Conversely, changing conditions to produce a higher density would bring the molecules closer together, and attractions and repulsions betwee molecules might cause deviations from ideal behavior.

Since molar volume V/n = RT/P, decreasing the pressure and/or increasing the temperature will cause the molecules to move farther apart on average. That should cause the gas to behave more ideally.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what is electrolysis..................................................?
DEAR SREE, The decomposition of a chemical compound in the molten state (or) in the solution state into constituent elements under the influence of an applied EMF is called electrolysis.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ sree In chemistry and manufacturing, electrolysis is a method of using a direct electric current (DC) to drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction. Electrolysis is commercially ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
can you please explain me detail that Is milk of magnesia a suspension or it is a colloidal solution?
@ sai milk of magnesia is called as magnesio hydroxide , , and anything which contains suspended particles in it , we define that as suspension , " so, it is a suspension of mh (oh) 2 in...
Umakant biswal 26 days ago
Milk of magnesia is a suspension in water in a colloid there are small particles floating in the solution showing colloidal effect but in case of milk of magnesia or paint there is a...
Biswajit dash 26 days ago
The total mass of 1 mole of electrons is ?(Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g)
MASS OF I MOLE ELECTRON=MASS OF 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g hence mass of 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS = 9.1*1o-28gx 6.022X10 23
bhavika 3 months ago
what is hybridisation of free radical cl03 ? .. and how can i find the hybridisation of free radicals like ch3, cf3, no2...
@ anubhav the hybridisation in chlorate is sp3 . clo ^ 3- have 3 bond pairs and 1 loan pair ifu can calculate acc to the VSEPR theory . it is of the type AB3E . it has trigonal pyramidal...
Umakant biswal one month ago
sir, what is the hybridisation of cl03 free radical and not clo3-.... ch3 has sp2 hybridisation bt cf3 has sp3 hybridisation.. jst like this i want to knw if there’s any kind of exception...
anubhav one month ago
What are antibiotics...............................................?
Antibiotics: Antibiotics are chemical substances produced by micro-organism (bacteria, fungi and mould) which prevent the growth or kill other micro-organisms.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ ram An antibiotic is given for the treatment of an infection caused by bacteria. Antibiotics target microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and parasites. However, they are not effective...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Which of the following is not true for PCl 5 (a)Its three P-Cl bond lenghts are equal (b)It involves sp 3 d hybridization. (c)It has regular geometry. (d)Its shape is trigonal bipyramidal....
@ mudit i am sorry , all the four statement are actually correct , so, none of them will be false . in the frst statement it state that – 3 of the bonds are equal – thats true ,. three...
THe answwer given in book is ©.I think it is incorrect but want to make it sure so waiting for more answers.
Mudit one month ago
@ mudit option no a turns out to be the correct answer , as in pcl5 , all the bonds are not equal while 3 of them are equal and the rest 2 p-cl bonds are actually greater than these 3 . and ...
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn