Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Differentiate between Crystalline solids and Amorphous solids?

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Crystalline Solids

Amorphous Solid

1)      They have a regular three dimensional arrangement of atoms, ions or molecules due to which they have well defined geometrical shape.

They do not have regular arrangement of particles, therefore do not have well defined particles.

2)      They have long range order

They have short range order

3)      They have sharp melting point i.e., they melt at a particular temperature.

They do not have sharp melting point i.e., they melt over a range of temperature.

4)      They have high and fixed heat of fusion, i.e., high energy is required to melt 1 mole of crystalline solid.

They do not have fixed heat of fusion.

5)      They are anisotropic, i.e., they have different optical and electrical properties in different directions.

They are isotropic, i.e., they have same properties in all directions.

6)      They are true solids, i.e., they show all the characteristic properties of solids.

They are pseudo – solids, i.e., they do not show all the characteristic properties of solids.

7 years ago
										Crystalline - (1) are true solids
(2) are those solids in which particles are arranged in regular and peroidic manner in 3-d space
(3) have long range order
(4) can be cut into clean surfaces
(5) are made up of unit cell
(6) have fixed or sharp melting point
(7) have definite value for heat of fusion
(8) are aniisotropic

Amorphous - (1) pseudo solids or supercooled liquids
(2) particles not arranged in regular manner
(3) short range orfer
(4) not made up of unit cell
(5) can not be cut into clean surfaces
(6) do not sharp melting pt , they have melting range
(7) do not have fixed value for heat of fusion
(8) are isotropic
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what is the oxidation state of sulphur in H 2 S 2 O 8, Na 2 S 4 O 8 and Na 2 S 2 O 3.

@ bhavika in H2S2O8, since 2 oxygen is forming the peroxide linkage here , so, the o.n of sulpher will be +6 . and in the 2 nd case NA2S4O8 , in thaat case take sulpher o.n to be x after...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit 13 days ago

u need to remember that which structure have peroxide linkage and which structure have not , there are only some exception with peroxide linkage , go through the ncert redox reaction...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago
What is metallic corrosion......................................?

Natural tendency of conversion of a metal into its mineral compound on interaction with environment is known as corrosion.

SAI SARDAR 18 days ago

@ ram Corrosion is a natural process, which converts a refined metal to a more stable form, such as its oxide, hydroxide, or sulfide. It is the gradual destruction of materials,by chemical...

Umakant biswal 18 days ago
The n factor of potassium ferro cyanide in acidic medium

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit 13 days ago

n factor is the no of electron transfer for single atom or the oxidation state of central atom . in the complex K4{FE(CN)6} 4(1)+X+6(-1)=0 X-2 =0 SO, X= +2 SO, HERE THE N FACTOR IS +2 HOPE...

Umakant biswal 13 days ago
What is an alloy? Give an example?

An alloy is a mixture of metals or a mixture of a metal and another element. Alloys are defined by metallic bonding character. An alloy may be a solid solution of metal elements (a single...

SHANMUKESHWAR 10 months ago

An alloy is a mixture of metals or a mixture of a metal and another element. Alloys are defined by metallic bonding character. An alloy may be a solid solution of metal elements (a single...

pa1 10 months ago

a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance to corrosion. An example of an alloy is the tin in the mixture of copper and tin...

SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
What is meant by ozonolysis?

Ozonolysis allows the cleavage of alkene double bonds by reaction with ozone. Depending on the work up, different products may be isolated: reductive work-up gives either alcohols or...

T.kumar 6 months ago

Hello Prabhakar Ozonolysis is the cleavage of an alkene or alkyne with ozone to form organic compounds in which the multiple carbon–carbon bond has been replaced by a double bond to oxygen. ...

Gaddam Chethan 6 months ago

Ozonolysis is the cleavage of an alkene or alkyne with ozone to form organic compounds in which the multiple carbon–carbon bond has been replaced by a double bond to oxygen. The outcome of...

raj 6 months ago
solid CO2 is used in?

refrigiration

pa1 10 months ago

solid cabondioxide is a cooling agent so it is used in refrigeraters and it is used in highpressure fire extiguisher. if you like my answer pla approve it.

SAI SARDAR 10 months ago

Dry ice, sometimes referred to as "cardice" (chiefly British chemists), is the solid form of carbon dioxide . It is used primarily as a cooling agent

BOLLU SRINIVAS 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 520 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts