Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off
USE CODE: CART20

Differentiate between Crystalline solids and Amorphous solids?

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Crystalline Solids

Amorphous Solid

1)      They have a regular three dimensional arrangement of atoms, ions or molecules due to which they have well defined geometrical shape.

They do not have regular arrangement of particles, therefore do not have well defined particles.

2)      They have long range order

They have short range order

3)      They have sharp melting point i.e., they melt at a particular temperature.

They do not have sharp melting point i.e., they melt over a range of temperature.

4)      They have high and fixed heat of fusion, i.e., high energy is required to melt 1 mole of crystalline solid.

They do not have fixed heat of fusion.

5)      They are anisotropic, i.e., they have different optical and electrical properties in different directions.

They are isotropic, i.e., they have same properties in all directions.

6)      They are true solids, i.e., they show all the characteristic properties of solids.

They are pseudo – solids, i.e., they do not show all the characteristic properties of solids.

7 years ago
										Crystalline - (1) are true solids
(2) are those solids in which particles are arranged in regular and peroidic manner in 3-d space
(3) have long range order
(4) can be cut into clean surfaces
(5) are made up of unit cell
(6) have fixed or sharp melting point
(7) have definite value for heat of fusion
(8) are aniisotropic

Amorphous - (1) pseudo solids or supercooled liquids
(2) particles not arranged in regular manner
(3) short range orfer
(4) not made up of unit cell
(5) can not be cut into clean surfaces
(6) do not sharp melting pt , they have melting range
(7) do not have fixed value for heat of fusion
(8) are isotropic
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

WHAT IS VAN"T HOFF FACTOR, HOW DOES IT EFFECT EQUILIBRIUM

it is a factor multiplied to to remove the changes due to association or dissociasion in a solution or mixture

Mondo Camry 8 months ago

vanthoff

Mondo Camry 8 months ago
what is defination of average rate of reaction? andgive example of very fast reaction and very slow reaction?

Average Rate of Reaction: Decrease in concentration of reactants (or) increase in concentration of products per unit time is called average rate of reaction. Slow and fast reactions: Based...

vamshi 8 months ago

hi bollu srinu, The change in molar concentration of either reactants or products in unit time is called as average rate of reaction. very fast reaction is in nuclear fission. very slow...

T.kumar 4 months ago

The change in molar concentration of either reactants or products in unit time is called as average rate of reaction. very fast reaction is in nuclear fission. very slow reaction is ferrous ...

SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
Why does dielectric constant increase in frenkel defect?

So more the dielectric constant more is the tendency to pass the charge. is this due to the fact that more is the capacitance more is its tendency to store the charge??

sarvesh one month ago

Hello sahil u tried ur best but your logic is not right See the answer in the organic chemistry section I have posted same question there

sarvesh one month ago

DIELECTRIC CONSTANT INCREASE IN FRENKEL EFFECT AS NUMBER OF CATIONS AND NUMBR OF ANIONS LOST ARE EQUAL OR SAY SOME MATERIAL IS LOST.. DUE TO THIS MORE CHARGE CAN PASS THROUGH MATERIAL...

SAHIL one month ago
DIAMOND IS WHAT TYPE OF CRYSTALLINE FORM

IT IS POOREST CRYSTALLINE FORM

L GOUSE BASHA 8 months ago

diamond is a ionic crystalline forms , it have ionic bond between them . they are the hardest substances in nature.

Umakant biswal 5 months ago

transparent crystal

SHANMUKESHWAR 8 months ago
Write formula for Borax

Na 2 B 4 O7 11H 2 O IS THE CHEMICAL FORMULA FOR BORAX

Na2B4O7·10H2O is the formila of borox it is also alled as sodium borate Borax , also called tincal, sodium tetraborate decahydrate (Na2B4O. ... It has been produced commercially from...

ULFAT 2 months ago

Borax, also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid. Powdered borax is white, consisting of...

Prabhakar ch 3 months ago
what is the vapour density of air?

srujanyadav 9 months ago

sanjay 9 months ago

the vapour density of air is 14.4

View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20