ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Differentiate between Crystalline solids and Amorphous solids?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Crystalline Solids

Amorphous Solid

1)      They have a regular three dimensional arrangement of atoms, ions or molecules due to which they have well defined geometrical shape.

They do not have regular arrangement of particles, therefore do not have well defined particles.

2)      They have long range order

They have short range order

3)      They have sharp melting point i.e., they melt at a particular temperature.

They do not have sharp melting point i.e., they melt over a range of temperature.

4)      They have high and fixed heat of fusion, i.e., high energy is required to melt 1 mole of crystalline solid.

They do not have fixed heat of fusion.

5)      They are anisotropic, i.e., they have different optical and electrical properties in different directions.

They are isotropic, i.e., they have same properties in all directions.

6)      They are true solids, i.e., they show all the characteristic properties of solids.

They are pseudo – solids, i.e., they do not show all the characteristic properties of solids.

6 years ago
                                        Crystalline - (1) are true solids
(2) are those solids in which particles are arranged in regular and peroidic manner in 3-d space
(3) have long range order
(4) can be cut into clean surfaces
(5) are made up of unit cell
(6) have fixed or sharp melting point
(7) have definite value for heat of fusion
(8) are aniisotropic

Amorphous - (1) pseudo solids or supercooled liquids
(2) particles not arranged in regular manner
(3) short range orfer
(4) not made up of unit cell
(5) can not be cut into clean surfaces
(6) do not sharp melting pt , they have melting range
(7) do not have fixed value for heat of fusion
(8) are isotropic
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is double titration

Double titration involves two steps: double titration is a process were the first titration is used to standardize a titrant and the second titration is used to find the molarity of the...

Monica Antony 4 days ago

double titration means two titrations are done in this process the first titrant is done to standardize the titrant the second titrant is used to find the molarity of the titrant

A M S ARUN KRISHNA 4 days ago
what is the most aboundant element element on earth

The most abundant element on the earth is oxygen.Although most of the earth’s crust is composed of 8 elements,but oxygen tops the list in terms of abundance.It constitutes about 46% of...
  img
Aarti Gupta yesterday
Jee pb

….….….…...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Please post the correct question

Adarsh one month ago

?????????????????

grenade 29 days ago
How to find wich oxide is nuteral?

In the periodic table as you know metals are placed on left and non-metals on right.Metals show electropositive character while non metals are electronegative in character.As explained above...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 days ago

By viewing the periodic table,one can predict the nature of oxides.Acidic,basic,neutral oxides show following trends- In general, the electropositive character of the oxide's central...
  img
Aarti Gupta 8 months ago

Oxides are those chemical compounds in which one or more oxygenatoms combined with another element for e.g. Li2O.These are of different types like acidic,basic,amphoteric and neutral.Neutral...
  img
Aarti Gupta 8 months ago
what sre ‘non resolvable’ isomers

Interconversion is the characteristic of nearly every set of conformational isomers which are also stereoisomers as they also differ in the way their atoms are orientated in space.But in...
  img
Aarti Gupta 6 months ago

they are simply meso compound

daksh 6 months ago

they are simply meso compound

daksh 6 months ago
trick for learning periodic table faster

are u an indian origin boy(Hindi) or not indian(english)

grenade 29 days ago

Period 1 – H, HeThis is pretty simple.Mnemonics – Hi HelloPeriod 2 – Li, Be, B, C, N, O, F, NeMnemonics – Little Betty Became Charlie’s Number One Freind and NeighbourPeriod 3 – Na, Mg, Al,...

grenade 29 days ago

youtube.com/watch?t=166&v=zUDDiWtFtEM best here is the song

grenade 29 days ago
View all Questions »