DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Differentiate between Crystalline solids and Amorphous solids?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Crystalline Solids

Amorphous Solid

1)      They have a regular three dimensional arrangement of atoms, ions or molecules due to which they have well defined geometrical shape.

They do not have regular arrangement of particles, therefore do not have well defined particles.

2)      They have long range order

They have short range order

3)      They have sharp melting point i.e., they melt at a particular temperature.

They do not have sharp melting point i.e., they melt over a range of temperature.

4)      They have high and fixed heat of fusion, i.e., high energy is required to melt 1 mole of crystalline solid.

They do not have fixed heat of fusion.

5)      They are anisotropic, i.e., they have different optical and electrical properties in different directions.

They are isotropic, i.e., they have same properties in all directions.

6)      They are true solids, i.e., they show all the characteristic properties of solids.

They are pseudo – solids, i.e., they do not show all the characteristic properties of solids.

6 years ago
                                        Crystalline - (1) are true solids
(2) are those solids in which particles are arranged in regular and peroidic manner in 3-d space
(3) have long range order
(4) can be cut into clean surfaces
(5) are made up of unit cell
(6) have fixed or sharp melting point
(7) have definite value for heat of fusion
(8) are aniisotropic

Amorphous - (1) pseudo solids or supercooled liquids
(2) particles not arranged in regular manner
(3) short range orfer
(4) not made up of unit cell
(5) can not be cut into clean surfaces
(6) do not sharp melting pt , they have melting range
(7) do not have fixed value for heat of fusion
(8) are isotropic
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
effect of increase in temperature on compressibility factor of hydrogen and helium gas?

The effect of temperature on the behaviour of real gases is studied by plotting the value of 'PV' against temperature. It is observed that the deviations from ideal behaviour is less...
  img
Avinash 11 days ago
what is an atom

An atom is the most fundamental unit of matter. It is however divisible and destructible.

saahil karnik yesterday
bond enthhalpy and bond length are inversely related to each other but both these bond parameters increase with increase in no. of hybrid orbitals. how it is possible

Bond energy is the energy released when a bond is formed or the energy needed to break a bond ( a measure of strength of the bond) and bond length gives length of the bond, now we know that ...

Neeti 2 days ago
∫log(sinx)dx=?

first of al we have to convert the log terms in to the form of ln the we will use substitution let ln(sinx)=t.................1 therefore tanx.dx=dt...............2 from the first equation...

grenade 2 months ago

in my opinion it must be definite integration with proper limits that may be u missed bcoz indefinite integration of this function is not possible in my opinion APPROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 2 months ago

t.dx @ it would be a multiple of 2.303 pl don’t forget and then solve for the final answer

grenade 2 months ago
volume of O2 gas liberated at STP by the decomposition of 15ml of 20 volumes H2O2 solutions is

20 volume H2O2 means that 1ml of this H2O2 will release 20ml O2 at STP. therefore decomposition of 15ml of 20volume H202 will give 15x20 = 300ml O2. Please feel free to ask if you have any...

Neeti 10 days ago
how to remember inorganic equation

inorganic chemistry as always considered as the easiest part and it can easily be remembered by just write and read, all you need to do that when you are not able to remember something just...
  img
Ashutosh Sharma 7 days ago
View all Questions »