ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Differentiate between Crystalline solids and Amorphous solids?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Crystalline Solids

Amorphous Solid

1)      They have a regular three dimensional arrangement of atoms, ions or molecules due to which they have well defined geometrical shape.

They do not have regular arrangement of particles, therefore do not have well defined particles.

2)      They have long range order

They have short range order

3)      They have sharp melting point i.e., they melt at a particular temperature.

They do not have sharp melting point i.e., they melt over a range of temperature.

4)      They have high and fixed heat of fusion, i.e., high energy is required to melt 1 mole of crystalline solid.

They do not have fixed heat of fusion.

5)      They are anisotropic, i.e., they have different optical and electrical properties in different directions.

They are isotropic, i.e., they have same properties in all directions.

6)      They are true solids, i.e., they show all the characteristic properties of solids.

They are pseudo – solids, i.e., they do not show all the characteristic properties of solids.

5 years ago
                                        Crystalline - (1) are true solids
(2) are those solids in which particles are arranged in regular and peroidic manner in 3-d space
(3) have long range order
(4) can be cut into clean surfaces
(5) are made up of unit cell
(6) have fixed or sharp melting point
(7) have definite value for heat of fusion
(8) are aniisotropic

Amorphous - (1) pseudo solids or supercooled liquids
(2) particles not arranged in regular manner
(3) short range orfer
(4) not made up of unit cell
(5) can not be cut into clean surfaces
(6) do not sharp melting pt , they have melting range
(7) do not have fixed value for heat of fusion
(8) are isotropic
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Calculate the energy of repulsion between two oxygen nuclei at a separation of 1.21 Å, which is the equilibrium bond length in an O 2 molecule.

Take despirin buddy
  img
Pushkar Aditya 2 months ago

Please help
  img
Deep 4 months ago

I will request personally to askiitians team to provide the answer

Pushkar Aditya 2 months ago
Sir , Why is time taken in themerodynamic process determine the reverseble or irreverseble process.

A thermodynamically reversible process is a slow process.For attaiming reversible cycle the process would have to be significantly slow so that the system be in equilibrium every time...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

ex-put some weight W on the piston and allow it to compress little by little by putting some weight by amount dW so that we can bring back the process to the previous stage.Each process will...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

Thanks for your answer, can you give me a example.

Vineeth 6 months ago
Give the decreasing order of the SN-1 reactivity of the following compounds.

2>1>3 rate of SN1 depend on stability of carbocation formed . As we can see on removal of Br from carbon and forming carbocation 1 has c+ on secondary carbon 2 has c+ on secondary carbon...

shubham 2 months ago

thank you sir

Riya 2 months ago
wen NH3 acts as ligand doesn’t it form inner orbital complex? what is the hybridisation of [Ni(NH3)6]+2

NH3 IS A WEAK LIGAND SO IT UNDERGOES OUTER ORBITAL COMPLEX INSTEAD OF INNER ORBITAL COMPLEX .IN NH3 IS A WEAK LIGAND IT UNDERGOES OUTER ORBITAL COMPLEX and forms octahedral complex with...

SRUTI 6 days ago

NH3 is placed on d right side of d spectrochemical series which means its a strong field ligand

naina 4 days ago
in the presence of moisture,SO 2 can

lose elactrons

eshwar 4 months ago
View all Questions »