There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off

why mercury is used inside a glass tube in which platinum wire is fused

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mercury is the only liquid metal. So it is the only metal which can be filled in a glass tube. Being a metal it is conductor of both electricity and heat. It expands on heating.
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake one month ago
thermodynamics,chemistry question is attached....................................
U=nc(at const. vol.)dt=5000J, but how come the answer is 6000J.........................................................
Naveen Shankar 2 months ago
The system is working at constant pressure. hence Change in internal energy is given as: U = F/2 nRt + (F/2+1)nRt here t is change in temp from final to initial. F is degree of freedom. n...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The dye acriflavine,when dissolved in water has its maximum fluorescence emission at 5080 angstorm . the number of fluorescence quanta is on the average 53% of the number of quanta absorbed...
ALERT Using the wave length of maximum absorption and emission ,what % of energy is emitted as fluorescence? This line is not matching with given datas...... Please recheck the question and...
Adil Khan 3 months ago
@ richa The questions are incomplete , Kindly recheck the question and post it again . REASON- maximum light absorption should be mentioned The energy of a photon is inversely proportional...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Electronic configuration of inner transition element is
@ prabin inner transition element are the f block element placed below the periodic table , but they belongs to group 6 and 7 within the transition series . the electronic configuration of...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
what is hybridisation of free radical cl03 ? .. and how can i find the hybridisation of free radicals like ch3, cf3, no2...
@ anubhav the hybridisation in chlorate is sp3 . clo ^ 3- have 3 bond pairs and 1 loan pair ifu can calculate acc to the VSEPR theory . it is of the type AB3E . it has trigonal pyramidal...
Umakant biswal one month ago
sir, what is the hybridisation of cl03 free radical and not clo3-.... ch3 has sp2 hybridisation bt cf3 has sp3 hybridisation.. jst like this i want to knw if there’s any kind of exception...
anubhav one month ago
how to find strenght of acids. guaranted question for boards 2017 maths phy chem
Dear student Strength of acid No of H+ ions released -I effect -R effect 1/H-bonding
Bhavya one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 520 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn