Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

One mole of water vapourises at 373K under atmospheric pressure. What is the work done?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Volume of 1 mol of water at 373 K, 1 atm (V1) =18cm3= 0.018 L
Volume of 1 mol of water in vapour state at 373 K,
1 =RTP =0.0821cm3atmK−1mol−1×373K1 atm = 30.62L
w=−P(V2−V1)= 1(30.62 - 0.018) = -30.6 L-atm = -30.6×101.3 = -3100 J
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

In the chapter Solid State Class 12, how to classify any solid or elements on the basis of their bonds i.e. covalent bond, molecular bond etc ???
Depending upon the type of bonding present , Solids can be divided as : 1) Covalent Solids 2) Ionic solids 3) Molecular solids 4) Metallic solids
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Ok , thats the same thing i told , u just need to see the configuration of examples . i am giving that below potassium sulphate – ionic solid tin – mettalic solid benzene – molecular (non...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ shreyas On the besic of bond present there are no such classification as tetraphosphorous decosides , and aluminium phosphates . Besic of the bond there are 4 types of classification 1-...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
What is meant by Ductillity, Malleability, Sonorous ?
@ mohammed ductility refers to the capacity of metal to stretch away . that means when u are stretching a rubber band , then u can say its a ductile property of metals . malleability helps...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Ductility is when a solid material stretches under tensile stress. Malleability is a physical property of matter, usually metals. It usually applies to the family groups 1 to 12 on the...
Mohammed Sohail 2 months ago
What are the type of questions asked in stoichometry in neet and can you please suggest me the simplest way to solve them
@ jayadhir stochiometry is the besic concept of chemistry , mainly as far as competetive exams are concerned , then they will ask u the ques from mole concept , calculating the...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
How does chemical reactivity vary in group and period
@ himesh as we go left to the right of the periodic table , nuclear charge increase and the electrons are added to the same shell . therefore ionisation energy increase with increase in...
Umakant biswal one month ago
how to memorize the qualitative analysis reactions. Need specifically in ENGLISH!
@ ashwin i am sorry , there is no shortcut for remembering the reactions in chemistry . so, what u have to do is make a chart and just remember the oxidising and reducing agent , then u can ...
Umakant biswal 16 days ago
an alkyl halide, C6H13Cl reacts with potassium tertiary butoxide gives isomeric alkenes Y and Z. both alkenes give2,3- di methyl butane. identyfy y and z?
Please refer to the Askiitians Notes from here:
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question