Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

when Fe(s) is dissolved in aq HCl in a closed vessel, the work done is?

positive,negative or 0?? and why?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello Student,
When Fe is dissolve in HCl. It is clear that some external force is being used to dissolve the solute. In this case work is being done on the system. As work done on the system is always positive so work done here is also positive.
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The n factor for potassium ferro cyanide in acidic medium
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
n factor is the no of electron transfer for single atom or the oxidation state of central atom . in the complex K4{FE(CN)6} 4(1) +X +6(-1) =0 X-2 =0 SO, X= +2 SO, HERE its n factor is +2 in ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
How to use log table????????Its urgent please sort out it as soon as possible.. Just go through this link and you will get this.
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
here are the way u can use log tables for multiplication of numbers 1- Understand how to multiply numbers using their logarithms. 2- Look up the logarithms of the two numbers you want to...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
For the reaction SnO2(s) + 2H2(g) = 2H2O(g) + Sn(l) at 900 K the equillibrium steam hydrogen mixture was found to be 40% H2 by volume. The Kp is(a) 1.15 (b) 2.25 (c) 7.75 (d) 10
In the reacn. SnO2(s) + 2H2(g) = 2H2O(g) + Sn(l) Since solid and liquid states compounds would not take part in Kc or Kp. Hence, from chemical eqn., SnO2(s) + 2H2(g) = 2H2O(g) + Sn(l) t=0 V ...
Vikas TU 7 days ago
formula to find the number of Total nodal planes####### star star star star star star star star star star start start start start start start
@ RAHUL u can calculate the no of nodal planes by the following formula no of nodal planes in an orbitals = azimuthal quantum number so, that for s orbitals , l=0 , so, nodal planes , l-=0...
Umakant biswal 5 days ago
why p mitrophenol is major product than o nitrophenol ?
@ yogesh in the case of para nitrophenol , the interaction between the molecules are stronger due to intermolecular hydrogen bonding . and results in more stability and majority also . on...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn