Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

What are the causes of conductors in solids?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Causes of Conductance in solids

(1)    In most of the solids, conduction is through electron movement under an electric field.

(2)    In ionic solids conduction is by movement of ions.

(3)    The magnitude of electrical conductivity strongly depends upon the number of electrons available to take part in the conductive process.

(4)    In metals, conductivity strongly depends upon the number of electrons available per atom.

(5)    If conduction band is not completely filled or it lies very close to a higher unoccupied band, then electrons can flow easily under an electric field thereby showing conductivity.

(6)    In case of insulators, the gap between valence band and conduction band is too large, so electrons cannot jump from valence band to conduction band and very small conductivity is observed

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

50 grams of CaCo3 is allowed to react with 73.5 grams of h3po4 calculate amount of Ca3(Po4)2 formed?
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
good evening yasik guptha, in my point of veiw, balanced equation- 3CaCo 3 +2H 2 Po 4 gives Ca 3 (Po 4 ) 2 +3Co 2 +3H 2 O so 210g of CaCo 3 and 196 H 3 Po 4 gives 310g of Ca 3 (Po 4 )...
DEEPTHI JANGA 3 months ago
What is a Schottky defect......................................?
The defect arises when equal number of cations and anions are missing from the lattice is called Schottky defect. It is a common defect in ionic compounds of high coordination number where...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karun A Schottky defect is a type of point defect in a crystal lattice named after Walter H. Schottky . In non-ionic crystals it means a lattice vacancy defect . In ionic crystals, the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
When a sample of baking soda is strongly ignited in a crucible ,it suffered a loss in weight of 3.1g the mass of baking soda is?
The reacn. is: 2NaHCO3 ----------> Na2CO3 + CO2 + H2O => 2* 84 = 168 gm. CO2 and H2O => 44 + 18 => 62 gm. Just divide them we get, => 168/62 = 8 gm approx. As 3.1 g was Na2CO3 gm.
2017 years ago
What is Quantum numbers???????Write part of this Quantum numbers???????¿??????
Quantum numbers are those numbers which provides complete information of the position ; energy and spin of electrons in the atomAnd the part of this is 1 main Quantum number1 angular 3...
rahul kushwaha 26 days ago
Please provide me with some mnemonics for organic chemistry so that I can learn some of the difficult reactions easily.
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
@ nilay how can we construct mnemonics for remembering the reaction , i am sorry to say there are no mnemonics avaliable for learning the organic name reaction . what u have to do for that...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Can`t understand how to name compounds in IUPAC and common names, and how are they attached to compounds??
@ pallavi KIndly be specific , as there are so much groups in alkanes which can be attached , else u can just post a pic of organic compound and i can give u the full explanation on how...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn