Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Uses of Dihydrogen:

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Uses of Dihydrogen:

(i)                  The largest single use of dihydrogen is in the synthesis of ammonia which is used in the manufacture of nitric acid and nitrogenous fertilizers.

(ii)                Dihydrogen is used in the manufacture of vanaspati fat by the hydrogenation of polyunsaturated vegetable oils like soya bean, cotton seeds etc.

(iii)               It is used in the manufacture of bulk organic chemicals, particularly methanol.

CO (g) + 2H2(g) →CH3OH(l)

(iv)              It is widely used for the manufacture of metal hydrides.

(v)                It is used for the preparation of hydrogen chloride, a highly useful chemical.

(vi)              In metallurgical processes, it is used to reduce heavy metal oxides to metals.

(vii)             It is used as a rocket fuel in space research.

(viii)           It does not produce any pollution and releases greater energy per unit mass of fuel in comparison to gasoline and other fuels.
7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Current of 10 ampere is passed through solution of CuSO4 for 32 min 10 sec.If 896 ml of Oxygen is liberated at STP then what will be efficiency of the cell.
Dear Candidate, I already answered this qstn. plz check this below: from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = ...
Vikas TU 27 days ago
Outline the experimental method for verification of debye huckel onsager equation
@ thiyagara u can use the arrhenius theory with dillution experimental setup to proov the debye huckel onsagar equation . which states that del (m ) = del not ( m ) – K root over of C where ...
2017 years ago
can you please explain me detail that Is milk of magnesia a suspension or it is a colloidal solution?
@ sai milk of magnesia is called as magnesio hydroxide , , and anything which contains suspended particles in it , we define that as suspension , " so, it is a suspension of mh (oh) 2 in...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
Milk of magnesia is a suspension in water in a colloid there are small particles floating in the solution showing colloidal effect but in case of milk of magnesia or paint there is a...
Biswajit dash 28 days ago
How can we calculate the elecroneatiity of Zno by followiny Pouling principle in electron volts(ev).
Pauling Electronegativity: Linus Pauling was the original scientist to describe phenomena of electronegativity. Best way to describe his method is to look at a hypothetical molecule (XY)....
dolly bhatia one month ago
the dipole moment of hydrogen chloride with bond distance 127 pm is 1.03D.the % of ionic character of its bond is
We know the dipole formulae that is: Dipole Moment = charge x distance D = 1.602 x 10^-19 x 127 x 10^-12 x 1/(3.36 x 10^-30) = 6 pm ( approx.) ionic charcter % = > 1/6 * 100 => 16.66 %
Vikas TU 6 days ago
Sir please explain what are lukars reagent and it reaction with different degree of alcohol????????
Hi ! Rama , LUCAR REAGENT (LR ) is a mixture of Zinc chloride (ZnCL 2 ) and concentrated Hydrochloric acid (Hcl).It is used to chemically distinguish different degree of alcohol. (i)When it ...
raju 2 months ago
Hi ! D.raman , It is a mixture of anhydrous ZnCl 2 and conc. Hcl. It’s reaction with different degree of alcohol -: 1 0 Alcohol-It get soluble in it. 2 0 Alcohol-Turbidity within 5 minutes. ...
nath 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn