Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Why does the reaction quotient (Q) increase with time as the reaction proceeds to equilibrium?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

let a reaction A + B == C + D

the value of Q = [C][D]/[A][B].

Initially the concentration of C and D is zero and the concentrations are only of A and B.

More concentration of a compound will give more probability to react with another substance. Initially the concentrations of A and B are high, so more chance to interact with each others. more chance to form the compounds C and D. So A and B will convert into C and D. The concentration of A and B will go down and rate of change from A+B to C+D will go down.

so in Q equation [A] and [B] decreasing and [C] & [D] increasing.

So Q value will increases with time as the reaction proceeds to equilibrium.

With regards
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Which electronic level will allow the hydrogen atom to absorb photon but not to emit ? A. 1s B. 2s C.2p D.2d
@shashank option no aturns out to be the correct option . " as its a ground state . in any energy level if electron absorba photon of energy equal to the enrgy of electron in that level...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
D. option 2d As 2d is no orbital that is sustaining. d orbital starts with quantum number 3 check if the options are correct.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake 26 days ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
Why is Bohr's model of an atom only valid for uni-electronic species?
In any atom there would be an electrostatic force due to nucleus to an electron which is an attraction force and therefore it would act on an individual electron because further in case of...
Vikas TU 18 days ago
26 ml of CO2 is passed over red hot coke .the volume of CO involved is
THE Reaction would be: CO2 + C -------------> 2CO 26 ml V/2 V = 52 ml. This simply mole analysis in terms of Volume. rather than directly on moles. As the information is not provided the...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
how an oxygen satisfies their valency in superoxide by sharing of ½ – ½ electrons ?
Oxidative stress is an imbalance, in biological cells in particular, between the state of two chemical processes: formation of ‘reactive oxygen species’(ROS), more generally ‘reactive...
dolly bhatia one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn