DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Diagonal Relationship between Beryllium and Aluminum:

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The ionic radius of Be2+ is estimated to be 31 pm : the charge/ radius ratio is nearly the same as that of the Al3+ ion. Hence beryllium resembles aluminium in some ways. Some of the similarities are:

(i)                  Like aluminum, beryllium is not readily attacked by acids because of the presence of an oxide film on the surface of the metal.

(ii)                Beryllium hydroxide dissolves in excess of alkali to give a beryllate ion, just as aluminium hydroxide gives aluminate ion.

(iii)               The chlorides of both beryllium and aluminium have Cl- bridged chloride structure in vapour phase. Both the chlorides are soluble in organic solvents and are strong Lewis acids. They are used as Friedel Craft catalysts.

(iv)              Beryllium and aluminium ions have strong tendency to form complexes.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If 1.27 g of iodine is liberated,when 10 ml solution of H2O2 is reacted with acidified KI solution.Then the volume strenghth of H2O2 is.?

Meq of H2O2 = Meq of I2 (w/34)*1000 = [1.27/(254/2)]*1000 w=0.34 g Thus 0.34 g of H2O2will give =(11.2/34)*.34 =0.028 litre =28 ml Thus volume strength of H2O2is = 28/10=2.8...
  img
Ramreddy 7 months ago

N1V1= N2V2 N1 X 10 = 2.54/254 = 0.001 N Volume strength of H2O2 = 5.6 X Normality = 5.6 X 0.001 = 0.0056 Vol....
  img
Ramreddy 7 months ago

i didnt get the ans .the ans is 2.8

Shriya Mehrotra 7 months ago
pl urgent help

hey its written only to consider balmer lines and we know balmer lines are the lines that are obtaines when the electrons jump from any orbit to 2 nd orbit or first excited state so i...

Ankit Sharma 17 days ago

but hav u found any flaw in my answer the answer in the book or site u refered might be wrong as the might have taken fourth excited state as fourth orbit or any other as i hav given my...

Ankit Sharma 17 days ago

@ankit answer the question this guy @manam if your logic is correct y not des passibilities and the answer is not wrong read the question again it is about 2 hydrogen so we cant a consider...

Akhil Verma 17 days ago
pl solve all these que

Normality = gram equivalent by Volume of solution in litre = mass of solute by equivalent weight ÷ Volume of solution in litre = mass of solute by molar mass of solute / x factor ÷ Volume of...

Akshat Jain one month ago

You should learn all these formulae to calculate gram euivalent. Gram Equivalent = Molar Mass of solute(M ) ÷ Equivalent Weight(E ) = Mole * X factor = Molarity * X factor = Normality *...

There is a problem that there is only one question(3) which i can see. There is another problem that we can attach images. so please contact me on facebook or whatsapp. Thank you.

silver metal crystalline with a face centred cubic lattice the lenght of unit cell in found tobethe value 4.077x10 -8 m.ca;culate the atomic radius and density of silver {atomic mass of...

“silver metal crystalline with a face centred cubic lattice the lenght of unit cell in found tobethe value 4.077x10-8m.ca;culate the atomic radius and density of silver {atomic mass of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago

we have density of the fcc=z*M/a^3*Na z=no of atom fro fcc it is 4 M= molecular mass Na=avagadro number a=edge length for face centered cubic unit cell=sqrt2...
  img
how to convert methano to ethanol

CH3-OH + HBr ------> CH3Br + H2O CH3BR + (CH3)2Cu-Li+ ------> CH3-CH3 + CH3BrCu+Li- CH3-CH3 + heat -----> CH2=CH2 CH2=CH2 + H2SO4 + H2O ------>CH3-CH2-OH approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 one month ago

add PBr 5 and then KCN and hydrolyse to form aceitic acid and then reduce by LiAlH 4

daksh one month ago
Why is equitorial bond angle in sf4> ch2=sf4 (double bond in b/w), trying to understand it through bent rule but unable to so far...

SF4 has a trigonal bipyramidal structure with lone pair of electron in the equatorial position.The F-S-F bond angle is 101degree. In the trigonal-bipyramidal species H2C= SF4 the H atoms are...
  img

Yes ,you are correct but actually what i want to tell is that greater s character of lone pair leads to lowering of equatorial bond angle(F-S-F) from 1200 to 101degree.This is due to...
  img

Sir, bond angle is directly proportional to s character and therefore inversely proportio al to p character?

agam goel 8 months ago
View all Questions »