DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Diagonal Relationship between Beryllium and Aluminum:

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The ionic radius of Be2+ is estimated to be 31 pm : the charge/ radius ratio is nearly the same as that of the Al3+ ion. Hence beryllium resembles aluminium in some ways. Some of the similarities are:

(i)                  Like aluminum, beryllium is not readily attacked by acids because of the presence of an oxide film on the surface of the metal.

(ii)                Beryllium hydroxide dissolves in excess of alkali to give a beryllate ion, just as aluminium hydroxide gives aluminate ion.

(iii)               The chlorides of both beryllium and aluminium have Cl- bridged chloride structure in vapour phase. Both the chlorides are soluble in organic solvents and are strong Lewis acids. They are used as Friedel Craft catalysts.

(iv)              Beryllium and aluminium ions have strong tendency to form complexes.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
In a adsorption process it is possible predict, the time for adsorbent be satured? By theorical methods

Yes, It can be predicted easily if we know the rate of adsorption. Adsorption is a first order reaction so the time of saturation can be predicted. .
  img
Gaurav 6 days ago

Thank´s Gurav... But I am not seeing how! I have a adosrbation of water vapour from a air flow 30 l/s and I know that 145 kg activate alluminium is satured over 180s whit a pressure dew...

carlos sopas 5 days ago

Thank´s Gurav... But I am not seeing how! I have a adosrbation of water vapour from a air flow 30 l/s and I know that 145 kg activate alluminium is satured over 180s whit a pressure dew...

carlos sopas 5 days ago
how to find molarity?

molarity is the concentration of a solution given in gram moles of solute per liter of solution. It is defined as the number of moles of solute per unit volume of solution, i.e. -...

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya 7 months ago

it is molarity (M) = moles solute/litres solution

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya 7 months ago
How do the vanderwaals constants a, b vary for different gases? The value of a is higher for ethane than that for ammonia?

Hello Student Vander Waals constant for attraction (a) and volume (b) are characteristic for a given gas. Some salient feature of a & b are: 1. For a given gas Vander Waal’s...
  img
Pankaj 3 months ago

How do they vary for different gases? Eg:Why the the value of a is greater for C2H6 than for NH3

Himaja 2 months ago
how can calculate the ionic product of water (Kw),at given temperature?

At 25 degree celcius it will be 1.01×10 -14 M 2

Susmithasri one month ago

at 25 degree celsius it will always be 10 -14

Tony Abraham one month ago
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and (CH3)2CH-I)....

Himaja 4 months ago
How can i make propane from decarboxylation reaction?

decarboxylate butonoic acid

sangarshanan 2 months ago

From CH3-CH2-CH2-COO_Na+

Jacob james 2 months ago
View all Questions »