DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Diagonal Relationship between Beryllium and Aluminum:

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

The ionic radius of Be2+ is estimated to be 31 pm : the charge/ radius ratio is nearly the same as that of the Al3+ ion. Hence beryllium resembles aluminium in some ways. Some of the similarities are:

(i)                  Like aluminum, beryllium is not readily attacked by acids because of the presence of an oxide film on the surface of the metal.

(ii)                Beryllium hydroxide dissolves in excess of alkali to give a beryllate ion, just as aluminium hydroxide gives aluminate ion.

(iii)               The chlorides of both beryllium and aluminium have Cl- bridged chloride structure in vapour phase. Both the chlorides are soluble in organic solvents and are strong Lewis acids. They are used as Friedel Craft catalysts.

(iv)              Beryllium and aluminium ions have strong tendency to form complexes.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
All mater in universe is made of atoms , but the basic unit of living being is cell . whay it is siven that name ? Is cells are made up of large no of atoms?

Well, its actual answer lies in their respective definitions. Cell is the basic structural and functional unit of living organisms whereas Atom is the smallest unit of a chemical element....

Yash Jain 5 months ago

cells are made up of complexes. in other words, cell is itself a colletion of large no of carbohydrates and protien molecules. eg- you already know that cell contains glucose, and glucose...

Chirag Goel 5 months ago

cell is made up of atoms mainly carbon and hydrogen and also little magnesium,potassium,calcium,iron and so on. All the cells be it brain cells, skin cells or any cell, it is made up of...

parthasarathy 4 months ago
ppts on concentration cells

Hi, Do you want us to provide the ppts on concentration cells ? You can get various ppts on the same from the google search too. I would advise you to please read from the book too after...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 4 months ago

i want ppts on concentration cell and types of concencentrationcell with images

Krishna Moorthy 4 months ago

i want ppts on concentration cell and types of concencentrationcell with images

Krishna Moorthy 4 months ago
one litre of oxygen at NTP is allowed to react with trhree times ofcorbon-monoxide at NTP.calculate the volume of each gas found after the reaction?

½ O 2 + CO.....................> CO 2 1L............3L.........................0L 1L-1L.......3L-2L..................2L 0L.............1L........................2L
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago

Just apply the Avogadro’s law of equal volume, you will get the answer
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
what is the difference between amyl and active amyl

img
Harishwar 6 months ago
Question is attached... {ALTS-10 Q61}

ANS-(2)Backbonding s possible in metal alkene and metal carbonyl Thus it has both bond
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago

ANS-(2)Backbonding s possible in metal alkene and metal carbonyl
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
Sir, What is the best book for Inorganic Chemistry?

i think J D Lee

Abhishek Singh 2 months ago

op tandan

Rajeev kushwaha 2 months ago
View all Questions »