DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Similarities between Lithium and Magnesium:

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The similarity between Lithium and Magnesium is particularly striking and arises because of their similar sizes: atomic radii, Li = 152 pm, Mg = 160 pm: ionic radii:  Li+ = 76 pm, Mg2+ = 72 pm. The main points of

similarity are:

(i)                  Both lithium and magnesium are harder lighter than other elements in the respective groups.

(ii)                Lithium and magnesium react slowly with water. Their oxides and hydroxides are much less soluble and their hydroxides decompose on heating.

(iii)               The oxides, Li2O and MgO do not combine with excess oxygen to give any superoxide.

(iv)              The carbonates of lithium and magnetism decompose easily on heating to form the oxides and CO2  .

(v)                Both LiCl and MgCl2 are soluble in ethanol.

(vi)              Both LiCl and MgCl2 are deliquescent and crystallize from aqueous solution as hydrates, LiCl.2H2O and MgCl2.8H2O.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
calculate the mole fraction of benzene in a solution containing 40% by mass of toulene.?

Yes you are correct.I made the caculation using the total mass of the mixture is 100gm According to the question if the mass of touene is 100 gm mass of benzene=40 gm moles of toluene=92/100...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

let the mass of the total mixture be 100gm mass of the benzene=40gm mass of the toluene =60gm molecular weight of benzene and toluene =78 and 92 mole fraction of benzene =mole of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

this is a simple question and you can get good things from solving this so just try

britto george 2 months ago
find n factor of h2so4 in(yes it is unbalanced equation is it necessary to make it balance?) pbo2+pb+h2so4=pbso4+h2o

yes true............. If alternatively we can see that for 2 moles of h2so4, one mole of pb is changing from 0 to +2 so for 1 h2so4, +1 is the change and so is the n-factor. Thanks for your...
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 months ago

First of all you need to understand about the balencing equation. Without balencing it you should not proceed further. FOR CALCULATING n-FACTOR, WE SHOULD HAVE CHANGE IN OXIDATION STATE PER...
  img
Naveen Kumar 7 months ago

The ionic reactions of the given reaction are PbO 2 + SO 4 -2 + 4H + + 2e - = PbSO 4 + 2H 2 O Pb + SO 4 2- = PbSO 4 + 2e therefore the net reaction becomes Pb + PbO 2 + 2 h 2 SO 4 = 2PbSO 4 ...

Himaja 7 months ago
which is better for express concentration molarity or molality

Molarity and molality are both measures of concentration of solutions. One is the ratio of moles to volume of the solution and the other isthe ratio of molesto the mass of the solution....
  img
Avinash 12 days ago

Molality is considered better for expressing the concentration as compared to molarity because the molarity changes with temperature because of expansion or contraction of the liquid with...
  img
Aarti Gupta 14 days ago

Molality is independent of temperature
  img
Avinash 12 days ago
carbon

which is least ionic: AgCl b. KCl c. BaCl 2 d.CaCl 2

​d) CaCl2 for maximum ionic char there are some conditions 1- low charge 2- large size of cation ans small size of anion approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago

may be wrong answer but remember conditions that i have maentioned above it will be very helpful u r doing bitsat book i advice you to do chapterwise questions with time limit and check ur...

ng29 2 months ago

c – BaCl 2 because it has more charge density per unit volume and therefore by FAJAN’s rule it is most covalent and least ionic

daksh 2 months ago
I feel organic chemistry is to be mughged up.i cannot enjoy it.pls give some remedial tips

1) Mechanisms Some of the mechanisms are more important to know than others. Although it is wonderful to know all of the mechanisms from your textbook, you should especially concentrate on:...
  img
Ashutosh Sharma 8 days ago

You need to understand the organic reaction process practcally so that u can that feel the essence and you can get the gist of it. For instance making the question yourself as why would the...
  img
Avinash 8 days ago
what do you mean by hunsdicker reaction?

it is recation for preparation for alkyl bromide in this we react silver salt of acid with Br 2 in presence of CCl 4 and we get alkyl bromide + AgBr + carbon dioxide fluorine and chlorine...

ng29 one month ago

this reactio is also called Borodine Reaction approve if useful

Gman Namg one month ago

The silver(I) salts of carboxylic acids react with halogens to give unstable intermediates which readily decarboxylate thermally to yield alkyl halides. The reaction is believed to involve...

Gman Namg one month ago
View all Questions »