Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

In a fcc arrangement of X and Y atoms, whose Y atoms are at the corners of the unit cell and X atoms are at the face centres. One of the X atoms is missing frm one of the faces in the unit cell. The simplest formula of the compound is :-

(a) X 5 Y2   (b)X2Y5   (c) XY3      (d) X3 Y

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

I think it is X2Y5

6 years ago

initially total number of  X atoms =4

finally it will be3

answer is-- X3 Y

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Current of 10 ampere is passed through solution of CuSO4 for 32 min 10 sec.If 896 ml of Oxygen is liberated at STP then what will be efficiency of the cell.
Dear Candidate, I already answered this qstn. plz check this below: from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = ...
Vikas TU 28 days ago
The dye acriflavine,when dissolved in water has its maximum fluorescence emission at 5080 angstorm . the number of fluorescence quanta is on the average 53% of the number of quanta absorbed...
ALERT Using the wave length of maximum absorption and emission ,what % of energy is emitted as fluorescence? This line is not matching with given datas...... Please recheck the question and...
Adil Khan 3 months ago
@ richa The questions are incomplete , Kindly recheck the question and post it again . REASON- maximum light absorption should be mentioned The energy of a photon is inversely proportional...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
500 ml of gaseous hydrocarbon when burnt in excess of of O2 gave 2.5 l of CO2 and 3.0 l of H20(vap) the hydrocarbon is
Write the eqn. first and balance it. CxHy + (2x + y/2)O2 =======> xCO2 + (y/2)H2O moles = 0.5/22.4 moles = 2.5/22.4 moles = 3/22.4 Now, from limiting reagent concept, 0.0223/1 = 0.111/x or...
Vikas TU 28 days ago
what is hybridisation of free radical cl03 ? .. and how can i find the hybridisation of free radicals like ch3, cf3, no2...
@ anubhav the hybridisation in chlorate is sp3 . clo ^ 3- have 3 bond pairs and 1 loan pair ifu can calculate acc to the VSEPR theory . it is of the type AB3E . it has trigonal pyramidal...
Umakant biswal one month ago
sir, what is the hybridisation of cl03 free radical and not clo3-.... ch3 has sp2 hybridisation bt cf3 has sp3 hybridisation.. jst like this i want to knw if there’s any kind of exception...
anubhav one month ago
How to explain 109 degrees 28 minutes to students. Mainly 28 minutes
@ prassana i have not got your question . kindly elaborate what exactly u want toknow. 109 degree 28 minute is the standard bond angle of sp3 hybridisation . and in chemistry its actually...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Write differences between double salt and common salt.
Double salts are formed by mixture of two normal or simple salts obtained through crystallization. for example-dolomite. Common salt is the common name of NaCl and isan example of normal...
Mudit 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn