Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off

what is the cell reaction of dry cell?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

The dry cell battery is one of the most commonly used types of batteries. A, C, 9-volt, and watch batteries are dry cell batteries. Invented by Sakizou Yai in 1885, the dry cell battery was improved and patented by Dr. Carl Gassner, a German scientist in 1887. A dry cell battery is different from a wet cell battery because its electrolytes are contained in a low-moisture paste. A wet cell battery's electrolytes are contained in a liquid. Wet cell batteries are often used in cars because they are relatively cheap and easily recharged.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
The density of He is 0.1784kg/m^3 at STP . If a given mass of He at STP is allowed to expand to 1.5 times its initial volume by changing the temperature and pressure, compute its resultant...
From charles law moles are to be constant. P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2 1*V/273 = P2*1.5V/T2 P2/T2 = 1/(273 x 1.5)..............(1) New density = P2M/RT2 = > (P2/T2)*(M/R) = > 1/(273 x 1.5) *...
Vikas TU 3 days ago
How the the No of moles are constant plz explain?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Vaibhavi 2 days ago
Current 10 amp passed througj cuso4 for 32min 10 sec.if 896ml oxy liberated at stp calculate efficiency of cell
from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = 0.896/22.4 = 0.04 efficiency = (0.1-0.04)/0.1 * 100 => 60%
Vikas TU one month ago
Nmm thanks buddy.a small mistake valency factor n=4.because 2h2o gives o2 + 4h^+ +4eso the moles=.05 nd the answer is 80%
Pulkit Khandelwal one month ago
How to identify colours in coordination compounds?..................
@ giya the colour of the compound can be identified by finding out the ions present in the compound , the metal ion absorbs certain wavelength of light and reflects the opposite colour ....
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
base CH 3 -CHO+HCHO​----------------> answer this rextion
Dear student In the presence of base, it will undergo aldol condensation as one of the reactant is having -H.If HCHO is given in excess then the reaction will proceed in the given way...
Bhavya 2 months ago
Metal hydride non metal hydride acidic or basic metal oxide nonmetal oxide acidic or basic?
Metal hydride is basic since it produces H - ion as metal are more electopositive than Hydrogen,while non-metal hydride is acidic since it produces H + ion asnon- metal are less...
Pranav Dabhade 15 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 520 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn