I am not being to accept the fact that electron has both wave nature as well as particle nature.could u please explain it to me?actually i want to know what exactly a wave is??

I am not being to accept the fact that electron has both wave nature as well as particle nature.could u please explain it to me?actually i want to know what exactly a wave is??

Grade:11

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

Young’s aforementioned experiment in which a parallel beam of monochromatic light  is passed through a pair of narrow parallel slits has an electron counterpart. In Young’s original experiment, the intensity of the light varies with direction after passing through the slits (Figure 5B). The intensity oscillates because of interference between the light waves emerging from the two slits, the rate of oscillation depending on the wavelength of the light and the separation of the slits. The oscillation creates a fringe pattern of alternating light and dark bands that is modulated by the diffraction pattern.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free