Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Isotopes of oxygen with mass number less than 16 undergo beta plus emission.  Assuming an equi molar mixture of O14 and O15, find a) the ratio of nucleide at the end of 1 Hr and b) at what time will the ratio of O14  nuclei to O15 nuclei be equal to 0.25.?  Given that t1/2 for O14=71sec and t1/2 for O15= 124 sec.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Kiran,

O14 ----> N14         λ1

O15-----> N15         λ2

λ1* t=ln{ [A]01/[A]t1}----1

λ2* t=ln{ [A]02/[A]t2}-----2

After 1 hr=60*60 sec

a)from 1 and 2 :  eλ1*t/eλ2*t=[A]t2/[A]t1=e(λ1-λ2)*t=e0.00387*60*60=e13.932

0.00387*t = ln 4=2.303*2*0.3010 =1.386

t= 1.386/0.00387 =358.14 sec

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

What do you mean by azeotroprs?please mention what are it`s types??
@ prasad azeotropes are besically those mixture which have the same composition in liquid and vapour state . 2- in will boil at a contaant temp . if the two above criterioa will be...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Hi ! prasad, Azeotropes is defined as the binary mixture containing same component in liquid and vapour phase and boil at constant temperature.It is not possible to separate the component of...
nath 2 months ago
The mass ofa nonvolatile solute of malar mass 40g/mol that should be dissolved in114g of octane to lower its vapour 20% is.........
For immiscible mixtures, the relation in pre partial pressures and mole fractioon is: Pa’/Pb’ = na/nb 0.2P/P = na/(114/114) na = 0.2 moles of solute. Mass of the solute = 0.2 * 40 => 8...
2017 years ago
two elements have electronegativities 1.2 and 3 then hte bond formed between them is 1.Ionic 2.Polar Covalent 3.Coordinate 4.Mettalic I think the ans is Polar Covalent since for an ionic...
An can element X with to the electronic configuration 1S2 2s2 2p6 3s2 would be expected to form the chlorine with formula
2017 years ago
What is conjugation and how to find it in an compound and all other information related to conjugation? and What is conjugated compound?
Conjugation is the terms which has been defined to understand the concept of Resonance. That simply reveals the displacement of the pi-pi bonds from one location to another location, and...
Vikas TU one month ago
Why Oxygen is more soluble in flouroCarbon as compare to water??
In flurocarbon fluorine being most electronegative atom attracts the oxygen atom towards it and tries to dissociate with it to increase the solubility and in H2O the Oxugen atom itself...
Vikas TU 18 days ago
I have op tandon for organic chemistry but my teacher says it`s not that good any idea what r must buy for organic? For problems I have himanshu pandey book
@ harsha yes ,o.p tandon is not at all required for organic chemistry , beacuse there are many concept which areabove the level of which jee advanced actually tests . so, for that reason...
Umakant biswal one month ago
frst of all gowith ncert , then solve all ques from himanshu pandey , if u are now at class 11 th then go with morrision and boyd , and if on class 12 th , then go with shortcuts for...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Thx a lot :) , I am like in extended now, kinda forgot most of it so I guess I'll get Morrison and boyd, my teacher said ceng but Nvm no one else suggested that
Kottapalli Sai Harsha one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn