There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

how will we know that when u  and when h are taken

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Any Change in the Internal Energy of a System U is due to either the Heat Flow into/out-of the System or due to Work Done by/on the System provided the system's center-of-mass energy does not change,

the first law as ΔU=Q+W

Energy Transfer across the System's Boundaries that cannot produce Macroscopic-Mechanical Motion of the system's Center-of-Mass. Energy Transfer at the Molecular Level .

Q = Microscopic Energy flow into (or out of) the System
INTO:      Q > 0      System Absorbs Heat     Heat --> Sys
 OUT:      Q < 0     System Releases Heat     Sys --> Heat

Some common types of Heat Lost:
        Solids or Liquids
        Gas- Constant Pressure Process
        Gas - Constant Volume Process
        Gas - Constant Temperature Process
        Gas - Adiabatic Process

Energy Stored in a System at the Molecular Level.
The System's Thermal Energy -the Kinetic Energy of the atoms due to their random motion relative to the Center of Mass plus the binding energy (Potential Energy) that holds the atoms together.

U = Microscopic Energy contained in the System

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

In a fcc lattice a unit cell is shared equally by how many unit cell?`
Dear student Are you sure you want to ask about unit cell and not atom lying in an FCC unit cell because I think you have mistypes the question. .
Bhavya 23 days ago
according to ur question answer may be 10.but i think ur unaware about the conceptual clarity. i think u meant particles shared
anand 8 days ago
can you please explain me detail that Is milk of magnesia a suspension or it is a colloidal solution?
@ sai milk of magnesia is called as magnesio hydroxide , , and anything which contains suspended particles in it , we define that as suspension , " so, it is a suspension of mh (oh) 2 in...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
Milk of magnesia is a suspension in water in a colloid there are small particles floating in the solution showing colloidal effect but in case of milk of magnesia or paint there is a...
Biswajit dash 29 days ago
Why in chemical bonding ..the costructive interaction of orbitals combining with same wave function has lower energy??
For the new orbotal genration, there is the need of overlapping between the BMO and ABMO respectively. And that is only possible for the orbitals to be going to combined when one would have ...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Why does Wurtz reaction wont work with odd number of carbon atoms? Please elaborate. Thanks.
It is not that wutz reaction does not work with odd number it works but a lot of products are formed and you cannot separate the products thus you dont get the desired product
Biswajit dash 25 days ago
why hydrolysis test for anilido group must be postponed when an aromatic amino group is detected
I think it is because of bulky group that is the aromatic group attached the anilido group which might hinder the process of hydrolysis
Biswajit dash one month ago
I m started late but still coverd 4 chapter in chemeestry but 5 and 6 (states of mater and thermodinimics) my sa1 is exactly after 11days both of them have 30. Marks withage out of 70 what...
@ mayank i think 11 days are sufficient to complete that two chapters . states of matter will take max 4-5 days and rest 6 days are easy to do with thermodynamics as far as school exam...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn