Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

5.22×10-4 mole of a gas containing H2, O2, and N2 exerted a pressure of 67.4 mm in a certain standard volume. The gas was passed over a hot platinum filament which combined H2 and O2 into H2O which was frozen out. When the gas was returned to the same volume, the pressure was 14.3 mm. Extra oxygen was added to increase the pressure to 44.3 mm. The combustion was repeated, after which the pressure read 32.9 mm. What was the mole fraction of H2, O2, and N2 in the gas sample?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Nikit,

let H2 and O2 be x and y moles

let given moles be n

n....67.4 mm

1-3y/n = 14.3/67.4

let z moles of O2 is added then

z......30 mm

n-3x/2 + z..........32.9

y/n =0.2626

x/n =0.638

molefractions of H2,O2,N2 are 0.638, 0.2626, 0.0994 respectively

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it . HIt approve...
Drake one month ago
A, B, C are 3 elements forming a part of compound in oxidation states of +2,+5,-2 respectively. What could be the compound?
It could be any 2 nd group that is alkaline earth element with oxygen and Phosphorous. For example, Calcium Phosphate. Ca3(PO4)2 In this, Ca has +2 valency Phosphorous has +5 and Oxygen has ...
Vikas TU 28 days ago
Urea is stronger base than ordinary amide?according to lewis theory
amide are weak base due to the resonance of the amide group . in acetamide , the lone pair nitrogen are not avaliable for bonding , with h ^+ . however in urea , the lone pair of second nh2 ...
2017 years ago
The reason is: As the lone pair in Urea is freely available and thus not participates in any Resonance. But in any ordinary amide the lone pair is conjugated with the resoace and hence...
19 hours ago
Urea has two nitrogen having two lone pair of electrons. Acetamide had only one nitrogen and only one li=one pair of electrons. Urea is a stronger base because it has lower pKb than...
8 hours ago
no of geometrical and optical isomers of the compound [co(NH3)2Cl2(en)]+
This is M(AA)a 2 b 2 type compund.I have 3 G.I out of which two are trans which can’t show optical isomerism (O.I) While cis form show O.I hence occur in d & l pair Thus,3G.I & 2 O.I but...
Pranav Dabhade 6 days ago
What is the unit of si(probability amplitude)?Plzz urgent..
@ shivam in quantu mechanics a probability amplitude is a complex number used in describing the behaviour of the system . its unit will be m ^ -3/2 where m is meter . HOPE IT CLEARS NOW ALL ...
Umakant biswal 9 days ago
Sir, i am asking about si which is the probability wave function like for an electron.. I hope u understand
Shivam Raina 9 days ago
Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi , which means that a column of air one square inch in area rising from the Earth's surface up to space weighs 14.7 pounds. Normal atmospheric...
Umakant biswal 9 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn