Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

passing 25 ml of a gaseous mixture of N2 and NO over heated copper, 20 ml of the gas remained. Calculate the percentage of each in the mixture.

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

hi nikit,

25 ml of N2 + NO

20 ml remained is N2

NO is absorbed

therefore 20% NO and 80% N2 are present.

6 years ago

Thank you very much for the answer sir. But the book from which i have taken the question says the answer is 60% of N2 and 40% of NO. And i also think but i m not sure about it that your assumption about only N2 being unreacted when N2 and NO  is passed over copper is totally correct. I think there also be some quantity of copper or NO which is left unreacted and which can account for the volume of the remaning gases. Sir, so which of the answers do consider as correct? I m also totally confused about it. So please hep me out!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Calculate relative rate of effusion of SO2 to CH4,if the mixture obtained by effusing out a mixture with molar ratio nso2/nch4=8/1 for three effusing steps.
First U must know the Rate of effusion formulae. That is: R = PA/root(MT) For SO2, R1 = P1A/root(64T)................(1) P1V = 8nRT..............(2) For CH4, R2 =...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
The n factor for potassium ferro cyanide in acidic medium
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
n factor is the no of electron transfer for single atom or the oxidation state of central atom . in the complex K4{FE(CN)6} 4(1) +X +6(-1) =0 X-2 =0 SO, X= +2 SO, HERE its n factor is +2 in ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
what is the meaning of saturated water vapour and aqueous tension?
If the liquid is in an open container and exposed to normal atmospheric pressure, the liquid boils when its saturated vapour pressure becomes equal to 1 atmosphere. that is called as...
2017 years ago
In EAS reaction of toulene with NO2, will the mesomeric and inductive effect of the nitro group be dominating over the o/p directing effect of methyl group? If yes, then is o-nitro toulene...
This is nitration therfore the attack would be at ortho position of benzene that is adjacent to the -ch3 group. This is the rule u need to follow in EAS. and hence ortho would be more...
Vikas TU one month ago
Liquation of which gaseous substance will arise as a result of momentum imbalance in electronic distribution? (1) Ammonia (g) (2) Carbon dioxide (g) (3) Na+(g) Cl–(g) (4) Xenon (gas)
But bro! the answer is not that.... Answer given is Xe...and I feel the question is taking about London dispersive forces, hence the answer may be Xe...
Giri sripathi 21 days ago
(3) option. Na+ (g) Cl- (g) as only this compounnd is inic in nature. Rest are covalent ones like NH3 , Xe(g) and CO2.
Vikas TU 21 days ago
What are biodegradable and non-biodegradable detergents?
Biodegradable detergents: Cleansing agents or detergents which are decomposed by microbes are called biodegradable detergents. Their molecules have less branching. Non-biodegradable...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
1. Biodegradable Detergents are those detergents which can be degraded or decomposed by microorganisms present in water.such detergents have straight chain of hydrocarbons in the...
somprasad 3 months ago
1.Biodegradable dete rgents :Detergents having straight hydrocarbon chains are easily degraded(decomposed) by microorganisms .e.g.sodium lauryl sulphate. 2.Non-biodegradable detergents...
xavier 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn