Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

What is the Oxidation State of Sulphur in 

H2S2O8   ??

7 years ago

Answers : (5)

This is known as peroxy di sulphuric acid(marshals acid) where peroxylinkage is there ,so six oxygen normal with -2 charge while two with -1 chrge due to peroxy linkage so sulphur oxidation number is +6 .HO-S-O-O-S-OH both sulphur attach with two cordinate oxygen atom each.
7 years ago

0=2*1+2x+ (-2)*8

where x is the oxidation state

therefore the oxidation state is 14

correct me i i am wrong somewhere

7 years ago

O.S for H is +1

O.S for O is -2

let O.S for S be x , then

x=+7  is O.S of sulphur

7 years ago

in this the two S atoms peroxy linkage between them as shown; (-S-O-O-S-) & each S has 2 double bonded O atoms & 1 -OH group. Hence, O.N. of S =+6.
7 years ago

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
Calculate relative rate of effusion of O2 to CH4 through a container containing O2 and CH4 in 3:2 mass ratio
Rate of O2= > R1 = (3x/32)A/root(32T) Rate of CH4 = > R2 = (x/8)A/root(16T) Divide both eqns. we get, R1/R2 = ¾ * root(16/32) = > 3/4root2 is the respective rate of effusion ratio.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
In the chapter Solid State Class 12, how to classify any solid or elements on the basis of their bonds i.e. covalent bond, molecular bond etc ???
Depending upon the type of bonding present , Solids can be divided as : 1) Covalent Solids 2) Ionic solids 3) Molecular solids 4) Metallic solids
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Ok , thats the same thing i told , u just need to see the configuration of examples . i am giving that below potassium sulphate – ionic solid tin – mettalic solid benzene – molecular (non...
@ shreyas On the besic of bond present there are no such classification as tetraphosphorous decosides , and aluminium phosphates . Besic of the bond there are 4 types of classification 1-...
Please give me the correct stability order for Cabocation. In different books different orders are thereWhich is correct
@ joseph 1- increasing substitution increaseas stability we look at the no. of bonding electrons that are attached to carbocation beacuse those bonding electrons , will help in allivating...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
Hi, for the stability of carbocation always remember this trick, +MR HI This is the order of checking the stability in sequence wise. +M => +mesomeric effect {learn the +M effect showing...
Vikas TU 22 days ago
Generally the stability of carbocation is tertiary > secondary > primary > methyl this is generally decided by mesomerism ,inductive effect and the hyperconjugation
Amay chugh 20 days ago
What are the unique properties is carbon that makes it different from other elements ​
Carbon has several allotropes, or different forms in which it can exist. These allotropes include graphite and diamond, which have very different properties . Despite carbon's ability to...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What are tranquilizers? Give example...................?
Narcotic analgesics are addictive drugs. They are derivatives of opium. These are used for the relief of severe pains such as post operative pain, cardiac pain, cancer pain E.g.: Morphine,...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
TRANQUILIZERS are a class of chemical compunds used for the treatment of stress and mild or severe mental diseases. These form an essential component of sleeping pills...
somprasad 3 months ago
A tranquilizer is a drug that acts on the central nervous system and is used to calm, decrease anxiety, or help a person to sleep. Often called depressants because they suppress the central ...
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn