how to prepare 0.1n HCL

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Preetha,

38 % HCL shows density 1.19 g/mL. Hence 1000 mL weights 1190 grams and contains 0.38 x 1190 = 452.2 g of HCl (12.39 moles per 1L).
Using equation M1V1 = M2V2 you can obtain
V1=0.1 x 1000 /12.39 = 8,1 mL (for 36 % HCl  V1= 8.6 mL)

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
H2 + I2 = 2HI (an elementary reaction)...If the volume of the container containing the gaseous mixture is increased to 2 times ,then final rate of reaction !- become 4 times 2 become ¼ th of...

rate law = k[H2][I2] when we increase the volume by 2 times the concentration becomes half. The rate of reaction becomes one fourth of the initial value. so, option (2) is correct....
  img
Ramreddy 3 months ago

H2 + I2 = 2HI As it is elementary reaction, so order=molecularity=2 rate(r1)=k[H2][I2] Now the volume is increased two times, so their concentration would be ½ of original value. so...
  img
Naveen Kumar 3 months ago
1) 10 g of argon gas is compressed isothermally and reversibly at a temperature of 27 0 C from 10 Lit to 5 Lit. Calculate q and ∆H for this process. Ans: q = + 103.99 calories and ∆H = 0

The process is isothermal, T=constant. Change in internal energy(dU)=0 from 1 st law q= dU + dW q= dW ispthermal work done= nRT ln(V2/V1) You can use the above equation to find the q and dH....
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago

The process is isothermal, T=constant. Change in internal energy(dU)=0 from 1 st law q= dU + dW q= dW ispthermal work done= nRT ln(V2/V1) You can use the above equation to find the q and dH....
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago
why only uranium is used as atomic fual

Uranium is a very heavy metal which can be used as an abundant source of concentrated energy . The nucleus of the U-235 atom comprises 92 protons and 143 neutrons (92 + 143 = 235). When the...

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya 3 months ago

who said only uranium is used there are many other things which can be used out of which 2 imp are:- uranium-235 (U-235) and plutonium-239 (Pu-239) Most nuclear fuels contain heavy fissile...

Ashwin 3 months ago
Main article: IUPAC nomenclature of organic chemistry Various names and depictions for one organic compound.

Hello student. I am not able to interpret your questions. If you are asking about that why there are different names for same compound in chemistry the answer is, there are two systems of...
  img
Pankaj 5 months ago
The ratio of difference int he wavelengths of 1 st and 2 nd lines of lyman seres in H-like atim of difference in wavelength for 2 nd and 3 rd lines of same series is - 2.5:1 3.5:1 4,5:1...

1/λ = 1.097 x 10^7 ( 1 - 1/n^2) n=2 => 1/λ = 1.097 x 10^7(1 - 1/4) = 0.82275 x 10^7 per m => λ = 1.215 x 10^(-7) m ------------eq(1) n=3 => 1/λ = 1.097 x...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
what is the best way to remember reaction mechanisms?

In order to remember reaction mechanisms,first focus on how the reaction is taking place?What is adding and what gets removed during the reaction.This will simplify to remember the...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago
View all Questions »