Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 520 off

Hii can anyone explain the Electro chemistry in detail .....

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Electrochemistry encompasses chemical and physical processes that involve the transfer of charge.

Some examples are electroplating, iron oxidation (rusting), solar-energy conversion, energy storage (batteries), photosynthesis, and respiration

In chemical reactions, if the reaction is driven by an external applied voltage, as in electrolysis, or if a voltage is created by a chemical reaction as in a battery, it is an electrochemical reaction. Chemical reactions where electrons are transferred between molecules are called oxidation/reduction (redox) reactions. In general, electrochemistry deals with situations where oxidation and reduction reactions are separated in space or time, connected by an external electric circuit to understand each process.

There are two categories of electrochemical processes that are applied to quantitative measurements:

1. potentiometry - measurement of a potential (voltage)

2. electrolytic methods - measurement involving a current

In both of these categories, an electrochemical measurement can be related to the concentration of an analyte

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

If 19.8g of C and 0.833 g of H combine with 4.40g O to produce a compound with a molecular mass of 182g/mol, what is the empirical and molecular formula of the compound? (N=14.0g/mol;...
first calculate the moles of all the three combining elements then u will get three values then divide them with the smallest value out of those 3 values again u have three new values round ...
2017 years ago
Could you show me the solution on how to get this cause i really dont understand.pls.and the final answer too.
-4 hours ago
define IE1 and IE2 , why is IE1 > IE2 for a given atom ? discuss any four factors that affect IE of AN ELEMENT
@ deva ionisation energy or ionisation enthalpy is the enrgy required to remove the most loosely bound electron from an isolated gaseous atom . and IE1 , IE2 , these are the removal of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
i need sone tips to prepare for higher exams. like, we should prioritise theories or numericals? for example, i m currently preparing mole concept
Hii I can help you with some books if you need that. Study from these books and topics will easy to you. Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT Chemistry text books of...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ NAVYA kindly mention you are preparing for engg or medical entraance exams , so, that i can help u suitably . if u are focusing more on medical entrances then u need to solve problem in...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
In the expreiment of discovery of proton why the positively charged particle depend upon the gas ???
Adil Khan 3 months ago
@ akshat Here positively charged particles are nucleous of given gas.. so it will depend upon medium. like for H2, it is H^+. for He, it is He^+ as they are nucleous so they will behave...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Order of incresing solubility of agcl in other solutions
@ chandana your ques is incomplete , so, kindly recheck the ques and do get back to us . and i am assuming it to be the solution of water , nacl , bacl2 and NH3 . so, acc to the common ion...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
U will have to tell the solutions name. in which U want to arrange the order of increasing solubility of AgCl.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Why agcl is colourless while agbr is pale yellow and agi is dark yellow
@ lokesh we can explain it with the help of two ways 1- the cations are same , so, the deciding factors are anions only , more the size of anion , more will be the polarisation , and more...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 520 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn