Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

Ques1) The dissociation const of HCN is 5 x 10 -10 . The pH of the soln prepared by mixing 1.5 moles of HCN and 0.15 moles of KCN in water and making up the total volume to 0.5 dm3 is
(a) 8.302      (b) 7.303        (c) 10.302        (d)9.302

Ques2) 10 ml of an aqeous soln of some strong acid having pH =2 is mixed with 990 ml of the buffer soln with pH = 4. The pH of the resulting soln is
(a) 4         (b) 4.10        (c) 3.8              (d)4.25

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Tushar,

1) 1/2 lit solution

initial concentration of [HCN]=1.5*2=3

(0.3+x)*x/3=5*10-10       3-x≈3

pH=log 5*10-9

2) as the acid is added the pH decreases the only option is 3.8

therefore ans is 3.8

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

how to balance following redox reaction in basic medium. C 4 H 4 O 6 2- +ClO 3 - =CO 3 2- +Cl - Please, balance with complete steps.
Balance C 4 H 4 O 6 2- + ClO 3 1- = 4CO 3 2- + Cl 1- C 4 = +6 Cl = +5 4C = +16 Cl = -1 Hence from the above calculation of oxidation no. C shows oxidation by 10 and Cl undergoes reduction...
Prachi 9 days ago
3C 4 H 4 O 6 2- + 5ClO 3 1- + 18OH - = 12CO 3 2- + 5Cl - [ H = 30, O = 51] [ H = 0, O = 36] Due to deficiency of hydrogen and oxygen on right side we add 15H 2 O on the right side Final...
Prachi 9 days ago
What applications of scrondigner wave equation will be asked in iit advanced?the direct equation is very difficult to comprehend.plz help
@sachet schordinger equation is not that much imp from jee advanced point of view , it will be asked in jee mains , they will only ask u the equation as well as 2 of the value will be given ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
What are analgesics and food preservatives.........?
Analgesics are drugs that reduce or totally abolish pain without causing disturbances of nervous system. There are two types of analgesics i. Narcotic analgesics E.g.: Morphine ii....
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
Analgesis is defined as the drugs that reduce or abolish pain without causing impairment of conciousness,mental confusion,incoordinationor paralysis or some other disturbances of nervous...
somprasad 3 months ago
An analgesic or painkiller is any member of the group of drugs used to achieve analgesia , relief from pain. Analgesic drugs act in various ways on the peripheral and central nervous...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
In coordination complex compounds when does nh3 acts as strong ligand
@ kumar in spectrochemical series the ligands are arrenged in their increasing delta value towards a metal ion . as the charge on the metal ion will increase the magnitude of delta alos...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
How is pressure inversly proprtion to volume in mole concept??
For a fixed amount of an ideal gas kept at a fixed temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportional. Or Boyle's law is a gas law , stating that the pressure and volume of a gas...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
According to Boyle's law or Pressure-Volume Law which state that the volume of a given amount amount gas held at constant temperature varies inversely with the applied pressure when the...
somprasad 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn