The ionization energy of He+ is (8.72)*(10^-18)J/atom Energy of first stationary state of Li2+ is?

The ionization energy of He+ is (8.72)*(10^-18)J/atom

Energy of first stationary state of Li2+ is?

Grade:12

3 Answers

Swapnil Saxena
102 Points
12 years ago

Ioniztaion energy of H like atom is directly prop to Z^2 and inversely prop to n^2

In case of helium atom Z=2 and n=1

Let the Ionization energy in this case = E

In case of helium atom Z=3 and n=1

Let the Ionization energy in this case = 9E/4

Put value of E=8.72*10^-18

Khushboo
11 Points
6 years ago
En equal to minus k Z Square / n square for Helium Z is equal to 2 squared / n is equal to 1 square so it comes out to be 4K and hence 4K is equal to 8.72 into 10 raise power minus 18 joule per atom ,thus k comes out to be 2.18×10raise power-minus 18,for lithium Z is equal to 3 and for first stationary state n is equal to 1 ,so E1 is equal to minus k Z Square divide by N square which comes out -19.62 into 10 raise power minus 18 joule per atom
Yash khurana
14 Points
5 years ago
Thanks so much I will come to you if I have nice day and time works for examination of the week and I am not sure what you mean by not being a girlfriend but one day at a time is all I have a lot of time on the road now so we can get the ball rolling for you to come home to all of you too babe I love to be able to make it today to all of you for your help and support you in trouble me

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free