Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

0.1 mole of a compound of S and cl on oxidation with concentration of HNO3 and subsiquent treatment gave 0.1 mole of PbCl2 and 0.2 mole of BaSo4 as precipitates.Determine the molecular formula of the compound.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi pallavi,

Let the compound be sxcly

no of moles of Sxcly=0.1

therefore,S atoms=0.1×X

cl atoms=o.1×y

no of moles of Pbcl2 =o.1

therefore cl atoms=0.1×2=0.2

no of moles of BaSo4=0.2

therefore S atoms=o.2 moles

0.1× x=0.2

therefore the molecular formula of the compound is S2Cl2.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

what is the element with highest density among all the elements of periodic table?
@ dharma osmium is the most densiest element in the periodic table . its a very rare element which occurs in a very trace amount in platinum ores . it have a density of 22.59 g/cc . after...
Umakant biswal one month ago
It is Osmium. The higher density of Osmium may be explained on the basis of its higher atomic mass and greater value of effective nuclear charge onto its outermost electrons.
harshul gupta one month ago
How errors are identified in analytical chemistry?how chromatography is performed?
Dear student I did’t enderstand by the term errrs over here.Can you be a little more specific.Moreover you can follow the following link for studying analytical chemistry...
Bhavya one month ago
@ trapti chromatography is a physical method of separation that distribute the components between two phases one is stationary and the other is mobile phase or non stationary phase . it is...
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
how to determine the presence of cross conjugation in a compound?
@ pranav frst of all u need to draw the structure of the compound , and then try to figure out the bonds , and their classification , after doing that u can easily figure out which bonds...
How to identify colours in coordination compounds?..................
@ giya the colour of the compound can be identified by finding out the ions present in the compound , the metal ion absorbs certain wavelength of light and reflects the opposite colour ....
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
How the S-character increases the electronegativity of an atom ?
Due to the spherical – structure shape of s – orbitals unlike p – orbitals it is more closer to nucleus and hence nuclear charge compare to p orbitals which is more elongaated the elctron...
Vikas TU 14 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn