Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

if the K.E of electron is Increased by 4 times then Broglie wavelength associated with it would become????????

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

de broglie wavelength (lamda)L=  h/(2mKE)1/2                 ..............1          

here h is planks constant, m is mass of electron  & KE is kinetic energy...

from eq 1

L(lamda) is inversly proportional to (KE)1/2

L/L1   =   {(KE)f /(KE)i}1/2          

(KE)f = 4(KE)i   (given)

so    L/L1 = 2   or

L1 = L/2

it means de broglie wavelength of electron is decreased to half times the  initial value....

6 years ago

According to De BROGLIE,

wavelength=h/root 2Em

where h....Planck constant

E.... Kinetic energy, m= mass of electron

Thus, when kinetic energy associated with electron is increased four times, then wave length would become half of the initial value.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

Electronic transistion in He + ion takes place from n 1 to n 2 shell such that: 2n 2 +3n 1 =18 2 n 2 -3n1=6 What will be the totalno. of photons emitted when electron transit to n1 shell?
Dear Mudit, Remmeber these two formulaes: 1) Maximum no. of photons they eemits if they return to ground state is: n(n-1)/2 2) And for n2 to n1 level, formmulae is: (n2-n1)(n2-n1+1)/2 gives ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
By solving I got n1=2 and n2=6 By applying the formula I got the answer 1 while the answer given in book is 10. So help me out with this.
Mudit 2 months ago
Solve both the eqns. and get the value of n1 and n2. Then to know total number of photons to n1 state, Apply the fomulae: n1(n1-1)/2
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is the meaning of saturated water vapour and aqueous tension?
If the liquid is in an open container and exposed to normal atmospheric pressure, the liquid boils when its saturated vapour pressure becomes equal to 1 atmosphere. that is called as...
2017 years ago
What is the difference between Tate of reaction and rate of disappearence of one reactant
@ satheesh what u need to understand is that , suppose you are doing a reaction . so, u must have some reactant initially , and after some period of time the reactant will going to form...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
For expressing the rate of a reaction where stoichiometric coefficients of reactant or products are not equal to one,rate of disappearance of any of the reactants or the rate of appearance...
Anjitha 3 months ago
I m started late but still coverd 4 chapter in chemeestry but 5 and 6 (states of mater and thermodinimics) my sa1 is exactly after 11days both of them have 30. Marks withage out of 70 what...
@ mayank i think 11 days are sufficient to complete that two chapters . states of matter will take max 4-5 days and rest 6 days are easy to do with thermodynamics as far as school exam...
Umakant biswal one month ago
While drawing a structure of a compound how do we decide that where to place the Lone pair
@ rahul u can place that anywhere , no doub t for symmatry , just u need to be clear with the meaning of the loan pair , that means theses are the electron pairs which cannot participate in ...
Umakant biswal 8 days ago
The l.p. should arrange in this way thatl.p.----l.p. don`t allow on 90° and l.p-----b.p.(bond pair) is≥ 120° .And keep in mind less repultion between l.p.and b.p.
2 days ago
Which of the following order is incorrect for given property?
Dear student A option is not visible clearly.Kindly resend.
Bhavya one month ago
“C” since, first conjugate base in Ist compond is stabalised by H-bonding hence it is strongest acid hence given order is incorrect.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn