Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 650 off

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The reaction rate or rate of reaction for a REACTANT or PRODUCT in a particular REACTION is intuitively defined as how fast or slow a reaction takes place. For example, the OXIDATION of iron under the atmosphere is a slow reaction which can take many years, but the combustion of butane in a fire is a reaction that takes place in fractions of a second.

So mathematically rate of reaction is expressed as...

Consider a typical chemical reaction:

aA + bB → pP + qQ

The lowercase letters (a, b, p, and q) represent stichiometric co-efficient, while the capital letters represent the reactants (A and B) and the products (P and Q). 

The reaction rate r for a chemical reaction occurring in a closed system under constant-volume conditions, without a build-up of reaction intermediate, is defined as:

r = - \frac{1}{a} \frac{d[A]}{dt} = -  \frac{1}{b} \frac{d[B]}{dt} = \frac{1}{p} \frac{d[P]}{dt} = \frac{1}{q}  \frac{d[Q]}{dt},

I hope you get it

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Physical Chemistry

The molar volumes of ice and water are 0.0196 and 0.0180 litres per mole at 273K. If ΔH for the transition of ice to water is 1440 calories per mole at 1 atm pressure, find ΔU.
From eqn. ΔU + Δ(PV) ΔH = = ΔU + ΔPV + PΔV Given, 1440 = ΔU + 0.0196*273 + 0.0180*273 ΔU = 1440 – 10.2648 = 1429.73 calories.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Give me full notes of solids state with fully explanation
@ manish in solid state , u have to only use your imagination , that chapter only uses imagination and creating the concept , the imp topics are (for boards ) 1- tetrahedral and octahedral...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
please visit thanks and please approve my answer:} post if you have any doubt
SAHIL 3 months ago
Which electronic level will allow the hydrogen atom to absorb photon but not to emit ? A. 1s B. 2s C.2p D.2d
@shashank option no aturns out to be the correct option . " as its a ground state . in any energy level if electron absorba photon of energy equal to the enrgy of electron in that level...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
D. option 2d As 2d is no orbital that is sustaining. d orbital starts with quantum number 3 check if the options are correct.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
List of compound and their uses of all chapter class11 chemistry
Hi, There are so many compounds, I suggest you to refer to NCERT everything is given there Thanks
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
@ rafi there are more than 100 of compounds are avaliable if u will refer to the whole class 11 th chemistry . so, kindly tell of which chapter u required , so, that i can give u of that...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
What do we mean by kinetically controlled product and thermodynamically control product. How to check whether the product formed is the former one or the latter one.
@ gagandeep suppose u have 2 product – Product a and product b then product a forms faster than product B beacuse activation energy of product a is lkower than that of product B . yet...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
All over nao2 what is among is. What nao2 separate is also found
NaO2 is called sodium superoxide which is obtained by treating Na2O2 that is sodium peroxide with O2 at high pressures. The Reaction goes like this: Na2O2 + O2 ---------> 2 NaO2 . The...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 650 off

More Questions On Physical Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn